Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Improved Handling (Suspension)

GreenMeanieIS200

Hi,

I was just going to ask why you don't want to lower it? The standard set up makes it sit so high especially at the back.

I had mine on Eibachs and it still looked to high at the back before i went to coilovers which are amazing and I wish I had done that years ago. Mine is more comfortable than the standard set up.

If you want to improve handling the best upgrade would the anti roll bars, you will really notice the difference. I went with Eibach again and that cuts a lot of the roll.

Mine now has Meister R coilovers, Eibach Anti roll bars, Eibach spacers front and rear and a front Cusco second hand strut brace and it drives and feels and looks great.

Thanks for the detailed suggestion, much appreciated, I'll look up some prices on the anti roll bars. Just want to improve the cornering really so they sound ideal, been down the coilover route many times and prefer a softer ride these days plus with mountain sized speed humps locally and a raised drain near my home I still get a scrape every now and then as it is. With regards to the sport springs Im in dorset and would collect if the price was right and I decided to go down that route, so really just looking for a price on the parts themselves thanks.

Thanks for the detailed suggestion, much appreciated, I'll look up some prices on the anti roll bars. Just want to improve the cornering really so they sound ideal, been down the coilover route many times and prefer a softer ride these days plus with mountain sized speed humps locally and a raised drain near my home I still get a scrape every now and then as it is. With regards to the sport springs Im in dorset and would collect if the price was right and I decided to go down that route, so really just looking for a price on the parts themselves thanks.

Hi,

the Eibach anti roll bars front and back are about £370 or you can get Cusco ones for about the same price. I also went with Eibach wheels spacers as that widens the track and gives it more stability in the corners.

Strangely my coil overs are better than the standard set up as I went for the softer Meister R set up and you can set the height anything from standard to about 50mm drop.

Good luck

• 4 months later...

Is200.Hi, has anyone any links for upgraded bushes or uprated springs (not lowering springs) to help stiffen up the handling and reduce roll on my is200? What have you used on yours? I dont want to lower the car just improve the handling.

Hi,

I was just going to ask why you don't want to lower it? The standard set up makes it sit so high especially at the back.

I had mine on Eibachs and it still looked to high at the back before i went to coilovers which are amazing and I wish I had done that years ago. Mine is more comfortable than the standard set up.

If you want to improve handling the best upgrade would the anti roll bars, you will really notice the difference. I went with Eibach again and that cuts a lot of the roll.

Mine now has Meister R coilovers, Eibach Anti roll bars, Eibach spacers front and rear and a front Cusco second hand strut brace and it drives and feels and looks great.

Hi,

I have my IS200 Sport that I had bought early 2014 and had parked for about 6 months then started driving it recently. Its got a lot of "roll" and over humps or any cracks on the road etc it swings sideways- more to the right? would that be caused by the bushes or is that normal for this car? Its making it quite uncomfortable to drive and I've been trying to find solutions to it. Had the rear bushes replaced a few days ago but it seems to be quite worse now? I appreciate any help or advice you could offer. Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I have my IS200 Sport that I had bought early 2014 and had parked for about 6 months then started driving it recently. Its got a lot of "roll" and over humps or any cracks on the road etc it swings sideways- more to the right? would that be caused by the bushes or is that normal for this car? Its making it quite uncomfortable to drive and I've been trying to find solutions to it. Had the rear bushes replaced a few days ago but it seems to be quite worse now? I appreciate any help or advice you could offer. Thanks!

That's not normal. By 'swings sideways' do you mean roll or a pull on the steering? Either way, it's not normal. Mine has minimal roll and tracks straight and true. Get it checked over.

• 2 months later...
On 12/09/2014 at 2:47 PM, andyk134 said:

Hi,

Where did you get the Eibach Anti Roll Bars? Can't find then anywhere, not even on the Eibach site.

Hi I bought them through Torque Developments, it was a special order and did take about 4 months and was about 4 years ago now to get them made but it was worth it. Or you can get the Cusco ones which are only a little bit smaller and do a good job too. I know some import the Hodgkiss ones from the US made for the 300 which fit and are even stiffer than the Eibachs.

• 1 year later...
On 04/12/2015 at 4:02 PM, rincewind said:

Hi,

That's not normal. By 'swings sideways' do you mean roll or a pull on the steering? Either way, it's not normal. Mine has minimal roll and tracks straight and true. Get it checked over.

Such a late reply I know but it was the tracking that needed doing. Had tried it previously but the adjustments had not worked till I searched for specific ones on the IS200/300 facebook pages. 

• 2 months later...