Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 Wheel Tracking/alignment

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Any ideas about the pricing for this @ official dealer and 3rd party garage?

Not sure what's wrong with mine RX, but just noticed this morning - on a completely flat road at a very low speed (< 5mph?) the car is still jumping slightly up and down, as if the road had small bumps... So, I am pretty sure it is not a wheel alignement problem as speed is way too low for it to occur - maybe something in the suspension system (struts/bent drive shaft), buckled wheel or unevenly worn tyre (which does not look to be from outside)?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Had mine done a good three years ago at sca international in Norwich, they lifted car off ground and it had a full laser and geometry set up, took well over an hour and cost £75.00, but believe me best money I ever spent, tyre wear has been even ever since. The chap told me he gets loads of lexus cars in as he says even from factory they tend to set them up to over compensate. He adjusted not just the tracking but suspension geometry as well. Nothing worse than spending a lot of money on new tyres only for them to wear uneven and have to be replacd early.

Hi there,

Any ideas about the pricing for this @ official dealer and 3rd party garage?

Not sure what's wrong with mine RX, but just noticed this morning - on a completely flat road at a very low speed (< 5mph?) the car is still jumping slightly up and down, as if the road had small bumps... So, I am pretty sure it is not a wheel alignement problem as speed is way too low for it to occur - maybe something in the suspension system (struts/bent drive shaft), buckled wheel or unevenly worn tyre (which does not look to be from outside)?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Yep examine tyres VERY carefully one will have blown out a portion of the tread aka egg

Fit spare ASAP before driving. One of your tyres has basically failed structurally it won't be far off a complete blowout.

Yep examine tyres VERY carefully one will have blown out a portion of the tread aka egg

Fit spare ASAP before driving. One of your tyres has basically failed structurally it won't be far off a complete blowout.

Had the same problem with my 05 rx300 , I thought it was prop failing (had this with a be Touareg) turns out to be a egg on the tread of the tyre . Easy fix , new tyre .

Lest us know how you get on

Jon

Thanks for the suggestions - I've tried inspecting all of the tyres, but couldn't see anything obvious or out of place - so I am not sure it is an egg?

But what I did was to look at the car from the back aligning the sight straight in the middle where Lexus and rear view mirror would align and I could easily see that rear left wheel seems to have noticeably more toe-in than the right one. Find it strange, so will be taking to one of the shops in Northolt that I found via http://www.alignmycar.co.uk as Captain Fizz (Ian) suggested. They might solve the issue. As I find current ride on a very good road when not accelerating is quite bumpy though I would expect it to be super smooth?

Event then, maybe I should still get a new set of tyres before the geometry...

Had the car done today and would heartily recommend SX Tyres in Basildon tel 01268 920200, ask for Jamie.

Had the tracking/alignment done there on our 2001 RX300 today.

Transformed the car!

The total cost was £65, they use Hunters kit, and took about an hour. It's £5 for a check, then £35 for rear wheel adjustment and £25 for fronts.

I'm not connected with them in anyway.

(Admin - don't know if you have a general forum you could add this recommendation to)