Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Timing Belt - Lpg Ls400

Hi guys

Finally acquired an LPG LS400 after the debacle of last year of trying to get my GS converted :-). Still suspect the owner of Profess has bigger problems than that now.

The LS400 is coming from a member here and my GS300 is going to them - and will be due a timing belt in 12,000 miles or so. Does anyone know a good independent in the Midlands as the main dealer's won't touch it with the LPG conversion?

Cheers,

Rob

Were you not going to litigation yourself over the GS not being converted as promised? What was the outcome of that
case?

As for the dreadful accident, I had no knowledge of it untill you referred to it in this thread. He has been found guilty and sentenced
to 5 years in prison, banned from driving for 10 years. I am sure some people would say he deserves a life sentence but that’s not the way our legal system works.

I feel for the family who lost a loved one, nothing can replace what they have lost no matter how long the sentence is.

I do think the a £120 victims fee is an insult.

"Pride goes before a fall" To refer to this matter the way you have in a gloating manner does you no credit. There is not a
driver on the road who hasn’t taken a risk or made a mistake and 99.9999999% of the time nothing happens but when it does then people end up hurt or at its worst gone forever.

My car is due for an LPG service in a couple of months and it will still go to Profess. I will use and reccomend them untill such times as they demonstrate they are not capable of being trusted to do a proper job. Mike

Mike - with respect you continue to refer onto Profess - that is entirely your right and I have never cast any aspersions onto their work. Customer service, yes. Quality of work - no.

I am not gloating - for the record I hit a child 5 years ago, and I wasn't speeding or using a mobile phone at the time - so save me the sanctimonious crap about "anyone can make a mistake". I hit him at 15.m.p.h and fractured his skull and leg - so I have zero time for anyone using a mobile phone behind the wheel. There is a world of difference between "making a mistake" and using a mobile phone at 50 mph on a dual carriageway, taking photographs of classic cars. Then after the accident taking photos of the cyclist laying dying in the road. I would strongly suggest you read into the case.

You asked, I told you.

Mike - with respect you continue to refer onto Profess - that is entirely your right and I have never cast any aspersions onto their work. Customer service, yes. Quality of work - no.

I am not gloating - for the record I hit a child 5 years ago, and I wasn't speeding or using a mobile phone at the time - so save me the sanctimonious crap about "anyone can make a mistake". I hit him at 15.m.p.h and fractured his skull and leg - so I have zero time for anyone using a mobile phone behind the wheel. There is a world of difference between "making a mistake" and using a mobile phone at 50 mph on a dual carriageway, taking photographs of classic cars. Then after the accident taking photos of the cyclist laying dying in the road. I would strongly suggest you read into the case.

You asked, I told you.

Before I wrote in my post I read around a dozen articles on the sad matter, and if you read all the articles you might get your facts correct. I stick to what I have already said.

You failed to answer how you got on with your litigation against Profess. Mike.

Mike,

Yours and my personalities are not compatible. You love Profess, I don't. I'd be interested to know which facts are incorrect.

At the end of the day he pleaded not guilty - that is not accepting you made a mistake. I can completely understand the shock that comes from hitting someone and that mistakes happen and the guilt you feel afterwards.

I won't bother answering the latter question, mainly as there is ongoing with that still - in light of the dressing down the Solicitor, sorry "counsel" got from the judge.

At the end of the day you and i just won't ever see eye to eye. Not something that will keep me awake if I'm honest.

Jonathan: I went down to see Miles today-he found a couple of points that will need replacing,which Lexus Chester missed, when he has the parts he will phone me for a time to go down and have them fitted,he also told me someone from Croyden is going up to have the starter motor sorted out as his local Lexus won't touch his car because it has L.P.G. seems to know what he is doing.

• Like 1

Mike,

Yours and my personalities are not compatible. You love Profess, I don't. I'd be interested to know which facts are incorrect.

At the end of the day he pleaded not guilty - that is not accepting you made a mistake. I can completely understand the shock that comes from hitting someone and that mistakes happen and the guilt you feel afterwards.

I won't bother answering the latter question, mainly as there is ongoing with that still - in light of the dressing down the Solicitor, sorry "counsel" got from the judge.

At the end of the day you and i just won't ever see eye to eye. Not something that will keep me awake if I'm honest.

The facts are out there on the internet find them and read them.

You have no idea which way his counsel told him to plead.

Solicitor should be Barrister

What on earth does a dressing down from a judge to a barrister on a criminal case have anything to do with your non existant county court action? All hot air.

I stand by what I have already written. Mike

Mike,

What on earth does a dressing down from a judge to a barrister on a criminal case have anything to do with your non existant county court action? All hot air.

I did find the facts? - and am aware that the repercussions are going way beyond this trial - which has been a catalyst for far bigger issues.

Firstly - Solicitor and Barrister are two different things - and that is the whole crux of the argument. My action didn't go as well as I would have liked, there are reasons for that but that it is what it is. I will happily correspond with you via PM on this, but I very much doubt you would be inclined to listen to what I tell you.

http://www.roadjustice.org.uk/case-study/minibus-driver-arrested-following-death-cyclist-owain-richard-james-caerphilly-county-210

Recalling the incident, which happened on the A472 near Newbridge, he said: “It was a very shocking and traumatic experience.

“It happened within a moment – he swerved into my lane. In that time, I could not react before the accident happened.”

When asked if he thought he had done anything wrong, he said: “It was an accident.”

Concluding his evidence, Wojcicki said: “The cyclist was responsible for this crash. I do not feel responsible.”

In terms of making a mistake - I don't see any value in banging someone up for 5 years. I was using a moblie phone 5 minutes before I hit that child, whilst sat on my driveway. If I had made the decision to drive off while still using the phone and hit them, then I would have to take the legal consequences of my actions. Morally, I felt guilt and I felt responsible - despite the fact his mother was stood beside me telling me there was nothing I could have done. No court convicted me, but I felt responsible as a human being, not because anyone said I should.

I would also point out there is a world of difference between taking a phone call at the wheel, whereby you can keep your eyes on the road and taking/looking at photos - which by it's definition is taking your eyes off the road. To say that did not impair your driving, is showing a staggering lack of awareness and the comments of the judge reflected this. I'm not sure what facts I haven't checked, but the sentencing remarks of the Judge are online.

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-cases/Andrzej-Wojcicki-13903-1.law

At the end of the day you clearly have a fairly high opinion of Profess and all who sail in her. Technically I am sure they are entirely competent, indeed a court ruled that they were on the Trading Standards case. I would have loved the opportunity to have found out, but sadly things being what they were I didn't, though this case probably went some way to explaining why. I feel sorry for Mr James family, they are the victims as are the wife and children of Mr Wojcicki. I have an issue with people who use their phone behind the wheel. If you choose to (which no doubt we have all done at one time or another) then you take the consequences that come with it. In the grand scheme of things any Small Claims Court cases are irrelevant.

Mike,

I did find the facts? - and am aware that the repercussions are going way beyond this trial - which has been a catalyst for far bigger issues.

Firstly - Solicitor and Barrister are two different things - and that is the whole crux of the argument. My action didn't go as well as I would have liked, there are reasons for that but that it is what it is. I will happily correspond with you via PM on this, but I very much doubt you would be inclined to listen to what I tell you.

http://www.roadjustice.org.uk/case-study/minibus-driver-arrested-following-death-cyclist-owain-richard-james-caerphilly-county-210

Recalling the incident, which happened on the A472 near Newbridge, he said: “It was a very shocking and traumatic experience.

“It happened within a moment – he swerved into my lane. In that time, I could not react before the accident happened.”

When asked if he thought he had done anything wrong, he said: “It was an accident.”

Concluding his evidence, Wojcicki said: “The cyclist was responsible for this crash. I do not feel responsible.”

In terms of making a mistake - I don't see any value in banging someone up for 5 years. I was using a moblie phone 5 minutes before I hit that child, whilst sat on my driveway. If I had made the decision to drive off while still using the phone and hit them, then I would have to take the legal consequences of my actions. Morally, I felt guilt and I felt responsible - despite the fact his mother was stood beside me telling me there was nothing I could have done. No court convicted me, but I felt responsible as a human being, not because anyone said I should.

I would also point out there is a world of difference between taking a phone call at the wheel, whereby you can keep your eyes on the road and taking/looking at photos - which by it's definition is taking your eyes off the road. To say that did not impair your driving, is showing a staggering lack of awareness and the comments of the judge reflected this. I'm not sure what facts I haven't checked, but the sentencing remarks of the Judge are online.

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-cases/Andrzej-Wojcicki-13903-1.law

At the end of the day you clearly have a fairly high opinion of Profess and all who sail in her. Technically I am sure they are entirely competent, indeed a court ruled that they were on the Trading Standards case. I would have loved the opportunity to have found out, but sadly things being what they were I didn't, though this case probably went some way to explaining why. I feel sorry for Mr James family, they are the victims as are the wife and children of Mr Wojcicki. I have an issue with people who use their phone behind the wheel. If you choose to (which no doubt we have all done at one time or another) then you take the consequences that come with it. In the grand scheme of things any Small Claims Court cases are irrelevant.

Perhaps before you start shouting I am going to sue this person and that person in thed future over nothing you take a deep breath and think long and hard before you announce it over a public forum as though your some sort of fictional Judge John Steed. Your fictitious county court claim against Profess and the criminal case regarding its Director have nothing in common and have absolutely no links except for what is in your mind.

"My action didn't go as well as I would have liked, there are reasons for that but that it is what it is"

It went to court, was settled out of court and if you look for the original thread you will find it is no longer there. Am I happy with how it ended - not particularly, but there we go. Can I cast any aspersions on the quality of LPG conversion. No. I've always maintained I am sure they are competent in this respect. I actually went there based on recommendations on this site - so you take the rough with the smooth.

It was still a 350 mile round journey any way you slice it, for no car conversion - so I am not sure it was over nothing.

Anyway glad I managed to offer you something else on this forum other than policing non-Gold members trying to sell cars.

What I do find somewhat hypocritical - is that you slaughtered Lexuschap (quite rightly in my opinion) yet I will bet you have had no personal dealings with him, yet seem to think that I was making a fuss over nothing. I've met members of this forum who will attest to the fact that I am quite a nice bloke and pretty laid back for the most part.

P.S in future I might suggest you reply to the content of the post and not the poster.

"My action didn't go as well as I would have liked, there are reasons for that but that it is what it is"

It went to court, was settled out of court and if you look for the original thread you will find it is no longer there. Am I happy with how it ended - not particularly, but there we go. Can I cast any aspersions on the quality of LPG conversion. No. I've always maintained I am sure they are competent in this respect. I actually went there based on recommendations on this site - so you take the rough with the smooth.

It was still a 350 mile round journey any way you slice it, for no car conversion - so I am not sure it was over nothing.

Anyway glad I managed to offer you something else on this forum other than policing non-Gold members trying to sell cars.

What I do find somewhat hypocritical - is that you slaughtered Lexuschap (quite rightly in my opinion) yet I will bet you have had no personal dealings with him, yet seem to think that I was making a fuss over nothing. I've met members of this forum who will attest to the fact that I am quite a nice bloke and pretty laid back for the most part.

P.S in future I might suggest you reply to the content of the post and not the poster.

THE END

Jonathan: I went down to see Miles today-he found a couple of points that will need replacing,which Lexus Chester missed, when he has the parts he will phone me for a time to go down and have them fitted,he also told me someone from Croyden is going up to have the starter motor sorted out as his local Lexus won't touch his car because it has L.P.G. seems to know what he is doing.

Miles is a super mechanic and 100% trustworthy. He has looked after all my cars and will do for years to come all being well. Luckily for me he is less than 1/2 mile from the house!

Jonathan:if you are 1/2 mile from Miles I might have passed your house on my way to him ,I found out that where he is was part of the Foden/E.R.F. factory that I used to deliver L.P.G. cylinders to many years ago whenI worked for Calor Gas, as they say it it a smaill world (but I wouldn't like to paint it with a 2" paint brush)

Have just taken ownership of an LS400 -

Very different car to the GS I had previously, a lot softer and the GS was a bit more "dynamic". However am looking forward to the saving that comes from being on LPG (touch wood!)

Am looking at getting a hands free kit - has anyone got any experience of having a Parrot system fitted?