Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yep - I swapped to the bendy ones on my focus and was immensly pleased compared to the Bosch normal ones I had.

The standard Lexus ones seem good though, if I were to change it would probably be the ones with silicone in them that effectively 'repair' your windscreen by filling in the scratches with silicone over time.

These things: http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

Not cheap tho :P

It was like this.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/winter-essentials/winter-maintenance/car-wiper-blades/?485777222&0&cc5_167

Think it was 20" and 22".

If you join up and bide your time you will get a 50% off deal from time to time. I know i got 2 sets for just under a tenner. It was such a good deal. They are quite simple to fit. You get all the couplers in the pack.

Euro carparts are up in the Tower Park Area. So you could collect yourself if you have not spent enough for free delivery.

I got wipers/ cabin filter and a load for my sons Audi...so got the free delivery.

You want to get the rubbers from a Lexus dealer - I paid ~£15. The thing is that IS250 blades are hybrid - not standard modern 'flat' ones and not old fashioned type with hinges and gaps. So nothing else will look original.

The rubbers are easy to change - you need to look carefully at how they are held into the blade - you'll see that you just need to disconnect the rubber from a pair of hooks - there are slots in the blade to suit. It looks hard at first - but dead easy when you've worked it out!

Actually, if you take the blades in to the Lexus spares counter they'll probably change the rubbers for you!

Go for the genuine Lexus ones. Quality product.

<Takes 2 mins to fit :)>

Hmm ... Not so sure about that!

For a start, you must make sure you've got the right length fitted to each side.

550mm and 500mm

The last time I got them, the dealer supplied me with 2 500mm ones. Clumsy.

< It looks hard at first - but dead easy when you've worked it out!>

I agree.

I've done them twice.

I'm looking forward to the third time.

Argento

Hmm thanks guys I think I will take a look at the Lexus ones if that's what is already on my car (I think I have those) as I quite like the look of them. I have had PIAA silicone blades on a previous car and they were good too but they were the old style blades.

I put some flat blades on, because the actual wipers had rusted. The problem with the "flat" ones is that they can't conform to the shape of the windscreen - the glass is too curved, so only the centre of the blades actually wipes - edges of the blades hang in the air and don't actually touch the glass.

Either get the traditional old style, or hybrid style blades - or use the OEM ones.

Hi, how do I know if mines are Lexus OEM as I also need to replace them but now thinking of just the rubber at £15.

The ones I have on are not standard wiper or flat so assuming its the Lexus Hybrid, but is there a way of checking?

To describe them it would be where the connector goes is flat and then has bendy bits on each side that adapt to the windscreen.

Thank you

No brand markings on them - there's an angled joint/hinge about a quarter of the total length in from each end and the blades have a sort of spoiler profile.

To get the blades off you lift up a catch just beyond the hooks, then the blades can be slid off the hooks.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Do they look like:

Yes - I know it needs a wash! :P

Yippee!! They are the same so I guess it's original.

I changed to some flat aero ones from eBay but am not too happy with the results, however the ones I took off which is exactly the same as yours Ian looked to good to throw away and also the design was not normal wipers or like flat one. Glad I still have them.

Will be ordering a pair from Official Lexus eBay store for £15 delivered :)

Thank you

Do they look like:

I changed to some flat aero ones from eBay but am not too happy with the results, however the ones I took off which is exactly the same as yours Ian looked to good to throw away and also the design was not normal wipers or like flat one. Glad I still have them.

Thank you

Do you have a link?

This thread has prompted me to do a bit of research on these hybrid blades. They are available complete from a few sources (not genuine Lexus ones) - eg some sellers on eBay, amazon and wiperblades.co.uk.

I have flat blades on my MX-5, but they suffer from the usual problem of scrubbing fresh air at the left hand side of the screen. Hybrid blades are claimed to contact the screen better, especially when it's well curved. So I've ordered some from an eBay seller for the MX-5 - £5.99 a pair!

IS250 ones would be £8.95 or so - a pair (bigger blades)

We shall see what sort of quality they are!

Do they look like:

Thank you

Do you have a link?

If you mean the lexus eBay store...it's here.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LexusOfficialStore?_trkparms=clkid%3D783146265231142743

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links