Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Console

whitie

Hi guys,

I have recently had a prang in my car and had to get a new dash, now the reading on this and the actual milage amount is about 40k out? is there a way of adjusting the dash reading without just removing the cable from the back for a bit :question:

I thought it could be adjusted, I heard somewhere that you could change the voltage??

The easiest thing is to disconnect the cable, but I don't really want to drive around with no speedo... as there are about 500 speed cameras around my area.

Isn't there like a connection or fuse ?

I also don't have any proof that I have change the clocks over as I got the new (2nd hand) unit from eBay!! ahhh

I may just have to live with it!

Isn't the milage counter on the IS, the same as in the Avensis and primera's??

If so then it can be changed, i got the Avensis milage changed when i baught another dash from the scrappers.. cost about £50 to do and it's easier than the old style ones.. :whistling:

:lol: have it set to what ever you want :lol:

Don't know, in the back of Autotrader there are a few places that have advertised this facility.. :winky:

Someone on here had a simlar thing done (had their console replaced) and lexus gave a certified letter of the original milage and also a confirmation of the console being replaced which they attached to the service book..

See if the dealers that you got your car sorted out from will offer this to you..

Does that mean I can just find somewhere to do it and they're change it.. I've got a reading from about 5months ago, but I've had the car for about 3years (ex company car, which I pranged after buying it from my boss!! ggrrr)

They must want some proof, but all I have is an MOT from Sept, which the company paid for.