Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Conversion

alajota

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:blink: Any one got an idea of how  I can get my Sat navigation to work on a harrier?

Just picked up one.

Thank you

I have just got the latest 2003 Toyota Harrier and have the same problem also i want to incorporate the Bluetooth mobile phone facility onto the touch screen..have you found anyone????

The easiest way is to get a new system to run off your screen I will try and get the website for you. :ph34r:

Try this web site:

http://www.incar-tv.com/

Did not have it done to mine

As I will be going for a MK2 RX300 Soon

:blink: Any one got an idea of how  I can get my Sat navigation to work on a harrier?

Just picked up one.

Thank you

I have just got the latest 2003 Toyota Harrier and have the same problem also i want to incorporate the Bluetooth mobile phone facility onto the touch screen..have you found anyone????

Interested to see you have recently got a 2003 Harrier. I'm bringing one in from Japan this month, same age.Did you buy yours here or was it a personal import?

I'm looking to rent a modelreport on this vehicle; can you or anyone else help?

Have you had any joy sorting out the sat-nav? I guess I'll have the same problem too! I did follow up on getting info on the converters someone suggested a while ago - the website was converters.tv/products/converters/digital_video_system_converters/138.html.

Sure would like to know if they are the solution. Cheers - Bugsy.

• 5 months later...

Screen displays C.D. / Radio / Air con / heater / clock / Speaker settings / T.V. channels and the Sat. Nav

Regarding your idea of just changing the screen ! I really think that you will have your work cut out.

I see, the radio, cd player, sat-nav, clock, tv and even the speaker settings shouldn't be a problem, but with the air con. and heater that will be.

What are your idea's on this...

http://www.lextasy.com/nav_converter_1160_prd1.htm

Also some models of the harrier have Automatic Air Conditioning, other have just normal-which i assume you would control on some sort of button on the dash.

Also I'm talking about the newer model(2003>)

I'm thinking of importing a Harrier with all sat-nav etc. Does the screen control any of the car functions? IE do you control the climate control from the screen. Could I just replace the screen with a nice touch screen and run it on a computer in the boot?

regards

Hi; my 2003 Harrier has the sat-nav and TV -which I hope to be converting shortly to Uk use; I'll let you know if it all works out okay. I wont need to change the screen - just fit some gismo between the player in the boot and the screen. As I say, I'll let you know if it works out - I dont have to pay until I'm happy it all works.

The screen does cover the temperature and A/C controls as well as the TV and sat-nav. It has a host of on-board computer items such as the trip computer,outside temp. The clock is also operated from the screen and the radio tuning can be done on screen as well as on the set.

If you want any help in importation proceedures, let me know. Mine is a Mk2 3.0ltr - 4x4 and I have the model report on it for rent. I can put you in touch with an excellent sourcing company in Japan who have found my last 2 Harriers.

Hope this helps - Bugsy.

I'm thinking of importing a Harrier with all sat-nav etc. Does the screen control any of the car functions? IE do you control the climate control from the screen. Could I just replace the screen with a nice touch screen and run it on a computer in the boot?

regards

Hi; my 2003 Harrier has the sat-nav and TV -which I hope to be converting shortly to Uk use; I'll let you know if it all works out okay. I wont need to change the screen - just fit some gismo between the player in the boot and the screen. As I say, I'll let you know if it works out - I dont have to pay until I'm happy it all works.

The screen does cover the temperature and A/C controls as well as the TV and sat-nav. It has a host of on-board computer items such as the trip computer,outside temp. The clock is also operated from the screen and the radio tuning can be done on screen as well as on the set.

If you want any help in importation proceedures, let me know. Mine is a Mk2 3.0ltr - 4x4 and I have the model report on it for rent. I can put you in touch with an excellent sourcing company in Japan who have found my last 2 Harriers.

Hope this helps - Bugsy.

If you don't mind my asking how much did it set you back for the Harrier?

regards

Hope this helps - Bugsy.

It's a pristine 2003 car, AIR S, (SE-L equivalent),7,000 miles; cost £14880. There was £525 to ship, £1305 import duty, £2560 VAT, £585 ESVA which still gave me change from £20 grand, which I used to fit roof rails over there (£145).

I've attached photos of the standard -alloys, wing mirror camera, front grill camera and standard rear spoiler ;plus one of the engine bay.

I'm away tomorrow for 10 days but if you want to see the car any time let me know - I'm on the Leics/Northants border. Cheers Bugsy.

post-8224-1119183757.jpg

post-8224-1119183779.jpg

post-8224-1119183804.jpg

post-8224-1119183834.jpg

post-8224-1119183856.jpg

Nice car BTW

Do keep us updated how you get on with the conversion of the sat-nav...

Did you use bonsaicars?

Also what models are there, i've seen models like 240g etc, whichs one's the best.

BTW it wont be months till i decide, need to know its worth it.

I saw the guy yesterday about converting the sat-nav. The unit to make the sat-nav work, get the TV working and have a 6 DVD changer fitted is £600 fitted.

I'll pay when I see it all up and running; will get it installed early July and let you know the outcome.

I didn't use Bonsaicars; I have a contact out there who is really good;if you want to pursue an import let me know what you're after and I'll put you in touch. I would suggest you stay with the 3.0 litre model with 4 wheel drive as that is the Lexus model imported into the UK. You can however get the top of the range AIR S model; a 240G and 300G Premium L Package; a 240G and 300G L Package; a 240G and 300G models. I believe all are available with either 2 or 4WD, but I'm not certain of that.

My wife knew the spec she wanted so it was a question of putting in our request and waiting for the right spec to come along.It took about 5 months as blue isn't a popular colour in Japan. Black, white, gold and silver are the easiest to locate.

Again, hope this helps - Bugsy.

regards

Hope this helps - Bugsy.

It's a pristine 2003 car, AIR S, (SE-L equivalent),7,000 miles; cost £14880. There was £525 to ship, £1305 import duty, £2560 VAT, £585 ESVA which still gave me change from £20 grand, which I used to fit roof rails over there (£145).

I've attached photos of the standard -alloys, wing mirror camera, front grill camera and standard rear spoiler ;plus one of the engine bay.

I'm away tomorrow for 10 days but if you want to see the car any time let me know - I'm on the Leics/Northants border. Cheers Bugsy.

Thank you for the invitation

Will contact you soon

• 3 weeks later...
Any Updtaes on he Sat Nav Jobbie

Not yet... just back from hols. Will be on the case during the week. If all goes well, it will be later fitted on this month.

I have a 2005 Harrier/RX330. I live in the states and am looking to change my front grille to have the Harrier emblem (same grille Bugsy has), but am having trouble finding this. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I currently have the "L" Lexus grille. I am not sure if I need to change the whole grille or if I could just replace the emblem. (Not looking for the sports grille)

I got an email confirmation from Lextasy that the NAV-DVD conversion kit works on the RX330. I will be converting mine really soon (few weeks hopefully). I am also adding monitors in the two headrests. Has anyone lowered their Harrier yet?

Not sure about the pricing, but this site has some pretty nice accessories: www.l-tunedparts.com

Cheers,

Vinny

Not yet... just back from hols. Will be on the case during the week. If all goes well, it will be later fitted on this month.

I have a 2005 Harrier/RX330. I live in the states and am looking to change my front grille to have the Harrier emblem (same grille Bugsy has), but am having trouble finding this. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I currently have the "L" Lexus grille. I am not sure if I need to change the whole grille or if I could just replace the emblem. (Not looking for the sports grille)

I got an email confirmation from Lextasy that the NAV-DVD conversion kit works on the RX330. I will be converting mine really soon (few weeks hopefully). I am also adding monitors in the two headrests. Has anyone lowered their Harrier yet?

Not sure about the pricing, but this site has some pretty nice accessories: www.l-tunedparts.com

Cheers,

Vinny

You won't have to change the grille. The Harrier badge is the same size as the "L" badge just make sure you order the correct year.(MK.1 badge is smaller than MK.2) You will have to order it through a Toyota dealer

Harrier bits

Yes. to your lowering question . Mine has been lowered 30mm on SPAX lowering springs.

Cheers,

Vinny

Hi; if you can't find a Toyota dealer to help you with the badge, contact Mamiko Yamada at Yam Ltd.Her address is mamiko@yam3.com. The website is Yam3.com.

How much is your Sat-nav conversion kit going to be, fitted?

Cheers,

Vinny

Hi; if you can't find a Toyota dealer to help you with the badge, contact Mamiko Yamada at Yam Ltd.Her address is mamiko@yam3.com. The website is Yam3.com.

How much is your Sat-nav conversion kit going to be, fitted?

Thanks for the contact info. I am scheduled to get the conversion done this saturday. I am also getting two visualogics monitors/headrests, and either an infinity or Kicker 10" sub in the rear. I will let you know when this gets done. Looks as though the device I am going with is manufacted by Vais Tech. (www.vaistech.com). The factory system recognizes the device as an auxillary input, so I simply use the existing buttons with the source select (mode) to switch to dvd. Also inputs an iPod. (pure plug and play, so no wire splicing) looking to be around $US400-500 for the device...$US100-200 for installation.

Hey Bugsy have you had the convertion done £600 sound good price ... I'd like to have mine converted is let me have the contact details

Cheers

Nice car BTW

Did you use bonsaicars?

Also what models are there, i've seen models like 240g etc, whichs one's the best.

I saw the guy yesterday about converting the sat-nav. The unit to make the sat-nav work, get the TV working and have a 6 DVD changer fitted is £600 fitted.

I'll pay when I see it all up and running; will get it installed early July and let you know the outcome.

I didn't use Bonsaicars; I have a contact out there who is really good;if you want to pursue an import let me know what you're after and I'll put you in touch. I would suggest you stay with the 3.0 litre model with 4 wheel drive as that is the Lexus model imported into the UK. You can however get the top of the range AIR S model; a 240G and 300G Premium L Package; a 240G and 300G L Package; a 240G and 300G models. I believe all are available with either 2 or 4WD, but I'm not certain of that.

My wife knew the spec she wanted so it was a question of putting in our request and waiting for the right spec to come along.It took about 5 months as blue isn't a popular colour in Japan. Black, white, gold and silver are the easiest to locate.

Hey Bugsy have you had the convertion done £600 sound good price ... I'd like to have mine converted is let me have the contact details

Cheers

Nice car BTW

Did you use bonsaicars?

Japa - not had the unit fitted yet, but it's planning to be installed within the next 2 weeks. The unit has been recently upgraded and now includes a disc, so it's worth the wait. I'll let you know how it goes - don't want to recommend anything that I haven't tested myself.

I have a Harrier coming in the week after next for Sat Nav with voice CONTROL, TV conversion and DVD player installation. I can post some pictures of my installations if required.

That may be very helpful -would appreciate seeing the photos; thanks , Bugsy.

• 3 weeks later...