Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Conversion

alajota

where did you get the sat nav converted for tv and dvd in the uk ?

I'm using a guy in Birmingham; not yet fitted as car is in Scotland for 3 weeks. When it's back I'll be booking in. If I'm happy with it I'll gladly pass on the details etc. but I wont recommend anything that I haven't tested. Will get back to you on this-

• 2 months later...

I'm using a guy in Birmingham; not yet fitted as car is in Scotland for 3 weeks. When it's back I'll be booking in. If I'm happy with it I'll gladly pass on the details etc. but I wont recommend anything that I haven't tested. Will get back to you on this-

Any updates?

Any updates?

Well, yes and no; I'm still waiting to hear when the updated kits are going to be available. I've tried to make contact by phone but without success, so I've gone and bought the full centre console out of a 54 reg SE-L that was written off; it was actually half the price of the £600 I was going to pay for the converter, but I have to have it fitted. ( Anybody know any wiring wiz-kids? ) I'll write to the guy regarding the converters and let you know anything positive.

I will pursue the original conversion

Luke (Soarer_TV_conversions) : Stop advertising on these forums.

If you want to sell your products here, then contact Admin, and pay for the subscriptions, like all the other dealers / traders on here.

I have only ever seen you post on the forums when you are advertising your TV conversion products.

Initial 10% warn added. - Post's edited / removed.

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site, and a very proud owner of a used 1998 Toyota Harrier down under (New Zealand) imported from Japan.

I was so proud with my first Harrier, until a few things started happening lately. I hope some of you more experienced Harrier/Lexus owners out there might be able to help.

First, I have been hearing clicking noise coming from apparently inside the dash. It's definitely not from the air con (I have just about glued my ear to the air outlets when my wife was driving while I tried to figur out where the noise came from.). It appears very random, sometimes, after starting the engine, the clicking is almost continuous for 5 seconds. Otherwise, the clicking appears on and off. When we test drove the car before buying, there was no sound. A couple of days after buying, the sound came up. Last week, the sound went away again (or maybe not since we turn on the stereo pretty loud at times). This week, it came back again!! I just want to know if this is normal. I have a feeling it's not something that's loose inside, because it's just very random. Is it the GPS thingy, trying to search for signal etc? Everything on the screen is in Japanese. Therefore I have no idea what it means!

Is it age related? The car is almost 8 years old. But it runs pretty smoothly, so I would beg to differ. Help, anyone?

Second, the time shown on the screen is probably Japanese time. And since I can't read Japanese, I have no idea how to set the time to NZT. This is not major, but still annoys.

Can anyone out there help? Really like the car. Almost no doubt that my next car should be another Harrier/Lexus. Would really like to get to the bottom of this.

Many thanks in advance.

Desperate Harrier owner in NZ.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bugsy

Just wondering if you ever managed to get the Sat Nav converted ???

Thanks

Dan

Hello Dan - I found a complete unit off a 2004 model which actually cost half of what I was going to pay for the conversion. I therefore didn't go through with it. If you are in Tokyo, you could talk to Eimi Yamada at YAM Ltd - 043304 9207 - she may be able to help you. Cheers, Graham Mobsby.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links