Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nx Test Drive

Fair review Id say.

Bit concerned that they put the running costs as 3.5 stars? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?!

The NX is certainly not my kind of vehicle simply because I "need" that V6 under the bonnet and enough power for overtaking on the motorway (and keeping myself entertained) but I understand why others may like it, especially if you live in a city where power doesn't matter.

Cant wait for the new RX! Looking at the way the Lexus lineup is going, its going to be awesome, especially because its their largest selling vehicle in the states so it needs the major update!

The 3.5 stars for running costs perplexed me as well as it makes no sense. Buy the service pack for 3 years, comes with 3 years warranty, so you just have to put petrol in. Maybe the tyres will need replacing after 20/25k but thats normal anyway.

It's now difficult to tell. Something has happened recently with Lexus and dealers no longer publishing service costs and everybody quoting a new RRP price. A full service on an IS300h is around £445, both the RX and GS would probably be more.

Service plans rarely save you money, other than locking in the cost for the term, unless you are negotiating a vehicle purchase - in which case any deal on the service plan means there was still room to move on the vehicle price.

You don't get anywhere near the sort of deal most other manufacturers are offering, e.g. 5 year servicing for £500.

I had a service plan with the GS300 which was £40 a month but the car is coming up to 7 years old so some of those services were going to be the big ones!

The new NX300h service plan is a lot better - they are quoting me £14.40. That sounds really good to me as i have just put the lawn mower in for a service and i reckon that will lighten my wallet by £100

In regards to the running costs don't they factor in depreciation which of course isn't very kind to the Lexus in its early years

It's now difficult to tell. Something has happened recently with Lexus and dealers no longer publishing service costs and everybody quoting a new RRP price. A full service on an IS300h is around £445, both the RX and GS would probably be more.

Service plans rarely save you money, other than locking in the cost for the term, unless you are negotiating a vehicle purchase - in which case any deal on the service plan means there was still room to move on the vehicle price.

You don't get anywhere near the sort of deal most other manufacturers are offering, e.g. 5 year servicing for £500.

In regard's to the above statement ,what do Lexus ACTUALLY include in the servicing pack? Excluding tyres what are the major exclusions/inclusions?

A service plan will cover just the standard service items and entitles you a specific number of minor and major services. If you are purchasing a new vehicle then a 3 year service plan will cover 2 minor and 1 major service. It won't cover wear and tear items (brake pads and discs, tyres etc) and doesn't normally cover additional items not including in normal services (e.g. spark plugs at 60k or 100k miles).

Best thing to do is call Lexus GB directly and ask for the fixed price service plan. All dealers have to provide this plan as per the rules!

Im quite happy, I paid £950 for 3 services, 2 minors and a major but I get all the RRG group tidbits like full valet each time and chauffeur car, 10% off parts, golf trips etc etc.

5 year servicing for £500? Whos offering that, Mercedes? lol they quoted me £550 for a minor service on a 10 year old C Class, crafty buggers

5 year servicing for £500? Whos offering that, Mercedes? lol they quoted me £550 for a minor service on a 10 year old C Class, crafty buggers

BMW - 5 years on an X5 is £475

RR - 5 years for £500 on an Evogue

Jaguar - 5 years on an XE for £475

BMW - 5 years on an X5 is £475

RR - 5 years for £500 on an Evogue

Jaguar - 5 years on an XE for £475

Pretty good value then if you keep the car 5 years. If you change car then what? and what about the expensive parts? and somehow, I still dont trust giving my car to a BMW, RR or Jaguar dealer, theyll hand it back with greasy fingerprints and things all over it, especially if they're trying to work through 5 cars in an hour because of the cheap price

I've had the non-service plan experience at my local Toyota/Lexus dealer. You have paid up front for a multiyear plan and when it comes to having a service you are right at the bottom of the queue because they need to keep the customers handing over cash happy to avoid losing money through giving poor service discounts.

I've had a service cancelled the afternoon before it was arranged due to overbooking/mechanic sickness, lack of communication (told 3 times I'd be called back which never happened), kept waiting for 60+ minutes when arriving at the time they confirmed to collect etc etc.

I've had the non-service plan experience at my local Toyota/Lexus dealer. You have paid up front for a multiyear plan and when it comes to having a service you are right at the bottom of the queue because they need to keep the customers handing over cash happy to avoid losing money through giving poor service discounts.

I've had a service cancelled the afternoon before it was arranged due to overbooking/mechanic sickness, lack of communication (told 3 times I'd be called back which never happened), kept waiting for 60+ minutes when arriving at the time they confirmed to collect etc etc.

Ive never really had a problem with servicing. They took the car, dropped off a loaner, delivered my car the next day after the full valet and service was done. Cant really complain about it all although the blokes at RRG group are very efficient in that way. I pay a lot of attention to my car's paint and they did a good job in not putting swirls everywhere. The merc dealers are useless on the other hand, been to three in the area, insane prices and they give the car back like its been molested

:offtopic: I had a Merc for a short while a few years ago and my local dealer was excellent, as good if not better than my local Lexus dealer with cheaper labour rates too. The car itself on the other hand wasn't so good.

:offtopic: again! But which one did you have and where abouts are the dealers?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links