Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

So the aerial has developed a problem where when turned on will open a bit and then starts making a grinding noise.

When turned off the aerial retracts fully.Tried some lube etc but this allowed it to extend fully but not retract properly. :eerrrmm:

I'm thinking its time to replace it with this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190494386752?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But how do i feed the white cable part in....couldn't find any tutorial that shows me how

as long as the whole of the white cable is removed (if it has snapped, there may be some left behind - the normal reason they play up) then you just feed it in as you power off the stereo (having a helper will make it easier). It should wind the white cable in before taking the antenna down. After that, just put the top nut back on and thats it. The replacement masts normally come with an instruction sheet as well anyway.

Sounds like your white cable has snapped or the teeth have worn away so that it does not extend anymore.

Your best bet if you have a mk1 or 2 gs300 is to use TigerFish's guide linked above to dismantle your aerial and find out whats wrong first of all before you buy that replacement mast.

It is a very easy job to do, does not take too long, and also for the record I purchased the same eBay item linked last week and replaced my broken, grinding aerial!

if the cable has snapped and there is any left,will it feed it out as well,or can i get access to it another way?

Sounds pretty straightforward tho,so will get this one off eBay and give it a shot!

always good to know someone else has tried the same one and had no dramas! :D :D

If it has snapped you will have to remove all of the remaining bits of the cable yes - Click the mast and motor guide linked under TigerFish's signature on his post above for a total step by step guide!