Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Sound On My Is300H

Hi guys....

Long story short its awful! Its my only issue with my new car.

Even on volume 50+ its quite quiet, I wouldn't say it ever gets loud. Its also very tinny in sound.... Any ideas? Mines the Exec model so think it comes with a fairly basic stereo.

On my old car I had a 12-1 surround Bang and Olphson system, I know its going to be hard to beat but I thought it would be better than this..l

The Mark Levinson system would have been the Lexus equivalent to the Bang and Olufsen system you had before but I think that only comes as standard on the premier IS300H? I have the ML system in my MK2 IS with 14 speaker and surround sound which I think sounds excellent. Having said that I've been in a friend's MK2 IS that had only the standard system and I didn't think it was too bad?

Hi guys....

Long story short its awful! Its my only issue with my new car.

Even on volume 50+ its quite quiet, I wouldn't say it ever gets loud. Its also very tinny in sound.... Any ideas? Mines the Exec model so think it comes with a fairly basic stereo.

On my old car I had a 12-1 surround Bang and Olphson system, I know its going to be hard to beat but I thought it would be better than this..l

Are you listening via Bluetooth? If so, sometimes the volume setting on the device needs to be cranked up a little to avoid it being really quiet. Have you tried adjusting the settings? I had the ML in my previous car and the standard set up isn't as good but it's not bad IMO.

The ML system is also poor.

Based on my experience I would go for a high-end component speaker in the front, a sub in the boot, and a high quality amp (such as Hertz, JL Audio). If your budget allows it, go for some high end components in the rear also.

See my previous thread regarding aftermarket speaker upgrades.

I have a JL Audio 4 channel amp, JL sub and Hertz component speakers. The clarity, depth of bass, sharp top end and sound ima imaging are greatly improved.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

As per DJP, what source are you listening too?

I have Premium Nav, don't think I've had it over about vol 35 and my ears are about ready to bleed, but the source makes a difference and the vol can be different on each source.

I recently connected my phone via Bluetooth (Motorola G 4GLTE) and was initially disappointed as it was so quiet. I was playing music via the Google music app. Then i found that the app has its own volume control for the Bluetooth output, once i turned it up it was better, though I still needed extra volume compared to the Ipod over USB.

FM radio is also generally louder for a given volume setting than the same station over DAB.

Do you know something.... I run 6 companies, one in which is a software development studio.... And I hadn't thought of that!

Cranked up the iPhone sound and all is good

That's good to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Do you know something.... I run 6 companies, one in which is a software development studio.... And I hadn't thought of that!

Cranked up the iPhone sound and all is good

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Glad its sorted out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links