Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1993 Aristo Import Twin Turbo

kenmar

I have owned my Aristo since 1998 when it was imported from Japan.

It is now terminally ill and needs a new water pump. I cannot source one locally. My mechanic tried to get the parts to repair it but was unsuccessful. The hydraulic drive side is fine, it's the water pump that is faulty.

It seema I can get a complete assembly from the States but we are talking around £1000 by the time it gets here and import tax is paid, plus the mechanics fees. I have to consider is it worth it. It will break our hearts to say goodbye.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers for your prompt reply.

Yes you appear to be quite right. it appears that this pump was also in the Supra. The problem seems to be that the hydraulic pump was discontinued in the Lexus in1998, simultaneous with the end ot the Supra production?

So I am looking for a part from a limited number of scrap cars, a pump which is no longer held by Toyota. I am told that the engine can be adapted to take the later electric pump, again if I can find one. Unfortunately I have to consider if it is worth it. I would consider buying in a Lexus for parts but regrettably I have nowhere to keep a spare car!

cheers guys. sorry been busy and not on laptop.

Vin is JZS147

Saying that I randonly called Listers Toyota dealer in Coventry. Using my Vin they found me a pump from Toyota 16110-46011 but my mechanic double checked and says it's the wrong pump.

As to me doing it myself much as I might like to I think I am past that now. Besides that the car is currently sitting in bits in the mechanic's yard!

Thanks Colin. More info for me to process!

My problem is that I have yet to convince my mechanic that this is the correct part. I need an actual visual image of the part to compare to the broken bit and so far I have had no success in finding one.

My local dealer told me he could get the pump but when I went to order it he found it was in fact not available from Toyota. I fear Listers may have the same problem. It does seem that it can be obtained elsewhere but I need to be 100% that it is the right component.

Similarly my mechanic is prepared to do the conversion and can source an electric pump but not the fan

Thanks again.

This is the drawing I have been working with but it is the first time I have had the full parts numbers included. Previously i only got the 60110 and not the 46011

This is also the same drawing I have just received from Listers.

Looking hopeful

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links