Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 With 1jzgte Vvti

deesonet

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately won't be bringing it over to your end of the world. You will have to be satisfied with photos.

You are welcome to visit here anytime - you know what they say about Queensland.

"Sunny and fine one day - perfect the next"

We are famous for our good weather up here. That is why the IS200 is fitted with the moonroof - you use it up here.

• 1 month later...

Update Time

Have finished cutting all the intercooler piping - just waiting for mate to weld all the pieces together. Should get that done this week. Also did the air intake piping to match as well. All silicone connections ordered - will be here next week.

Managed to get both sides in one piece each side. A bit difficult to fit but once in place shouldn't have any problems with joints coming loose.

Intercooler piping to be HPC coated next.

Made aluminium heat shield for power steering hyrdaulic lines where they pass the turbo to reduce any heat problems.

Finished off interior console around Getrag shifter - looks almost standard. Problem with lift-up lock out for reverse meant change to the boot - had to modify and re-sew the leather boot to fit the new changer. Currently using IS200 gear knob on top of shifter.

Ran several wires into cabin ready for a few extras - boost controller switch, traction control wiring, and a few spares for any future projects. All wires hidden -can't be seen from anywhere.

Remounted the power steering hydraulic piping as wasn't happy with it before.

Purchase new number plates "TOY 250" in matching colour. New plates to reflect that this is my toy and the engine size is 2500. Looks good as it is an exact colour match.

Need more time to work on the car instead of other domestic chores and projects.

Graham

damn it mate, i see ur on a roll with the car!

Maybe i should come up to Queensland and get a ride in ur lil monster.

A few years back an IS200 in Perth or was it adelaide had a 1jzgte put in as well.. cant remember the name of the company that did it, but the IS200 was in HOT4s when it just had a turbo setup on stock engine.

Good luck with your project as my friend is thinking of doing a similar one either with 1jzgte or 2jzgte. I believe the 1gzgte would be an easier install.

Yes, the 1JZ is slightly easier to fit as it is not as tall as the 2JZ. Also the VVTi version is single turbo so there were no clearance problems around the clutch cylinder area.

Look at Ray Halls website and he shows the problems with the twin turbo clearances.

I mounted the engine as low as possible so if there are any problems it can always have a new block fitted using a 2JZ bottom end.

Perhaps mine will be the 1st 1.5JZ IS200 one day.

damn it mate, i see ur on a roll with the car!

Maybe i should come up to Queensland and get a ride in ur lil monster.

A few years back an IS200 in Perth or was it adelaide had a 1jzgte put in as well.. cant remember the name of the company that did it, but the IS200 was in HOT4s when it just had a turbo setup on stock engine.

Good luck with your project as my friend is thinking of doing a similar one either with 1jzgte or 2jzgte. I believe the 1gzgte would be an easier install.

Hey, was that the Silver car with TRD stickers on it??

Your friend isnt Che is it?? hahaha, his only doing coz Im doing hahaha! Top bloke.

Graham, sounding its near completion! Damn mechanic still hasnt started on mine yet! unbelivable!! Wish I had the time and knowlege to do it myself. once its all done, i think we should have a meetup, run the engine in, ill drive to QLD hehehe!

Shane.

Shane

You'll have to stir up the mechanic a bit.

It is always a problem when depending on others.

It would be a nice short run to come up to Toowoomba for you. It would be well run-in by the time you get here.

Graham

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links