Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 With 1jzgte Vvti

deesonet

The 1JZGTE is in the car.

Did my test fit yesterday complete with Getrag 6 speed.

Needs a few mods however as the motor needs to move rearwards by 20mm to allow the radiator fans to fit in.

At least there is hope that it will all work!!!

Graham

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heaps of photos so will try to work out how to post to the gallery.

Also, just read the Monster postings - can't understand why there was such a problem with the mounts. I used the original Soarer aluminium mounts and bolted the IS200 rubbers onto them and the motor dropped straight onto the existing holes.

To move the motor back I will probably just slot the holes in the sub-frame - there is room for at least 15mm for that and still get the nuts on underneath.

Graham

Yeah but dont forget some people cant think laterally and go for the most expensive route... ,they never heard of DIY mechanics,i too couldnt see why they had to fabricated new mounts,a little bit of knowledge goes a long way i s'pose :lol::lol::lol:

B) B)

I better run for cover now!!

Edited by Scorpion

Also, just read the Monster postings - can't understand why there was such a problem with the mounts.

As it says on the thread, we were given bad advice about which mounts were meant to fit. It made sense at the time to try these as it is cheaper to buy them than to make them. You live and learn as they say.

Anyway, sounds like an interesting project Graham - please keep us informed. Why did you choose the 1JZ motor?

Mark :)

Yeah but dont forget some people cant think laterally and go for the most expensive route... ,they never heard of DIY mechanics,i too couldnt see why they had to fabricated new mounts,a little bit of knowledge goes a long way i s'pose :lol::lol::lol:

B) B)

I better run for cover now!!

You have made some bold statements there. It sounds like you have inside knowledge of someones though process's, and that you can do a better job than we can for the same or lower price within a commercial enviroment. Both of which is doubtful.

You may want to read the thread properly before you make inaccurate comments lest you end up looking like the others, of whom only one was big enough to make a retraction and an appology.

It seems to me that the right thing to do is either qualify your statements or appologise.

If you have anything to say about my firm or The Monster, please post on it the relavent thread - this thread is about Grahams project.

Hi Graham,

This sounds a very interesting project, I am guessing the 1JZ is the 2.5 litre twin turbo from the soarer? So what is your predicted HP output when the project is complete?

I must say, with the monster, SiSkippy turbo and now yours, we are certainly seeing some very interesting cars emerging... B)

Also, just read the Monster postings - can't understand why there was such a problem with the mounts. I used the original Soarer aluminium mounts and bolted the IS200 rubbers onto them and the motor dropped straight onto the existing holes.

To move the motor back I will probably just slot the holes in the sub-frame - there is room for at least 15mm for that and still get the nuts on underneath.

Graham

but the monster has got a 2jz gte lump in it

admit to not knowing the difference, but they sound like different engines :blush:

but whatever get some of those pics up soon

Where did i mention you or TDI.

You may want to read the quote properly :P

Your reference was clearly to The Monster, as no other work or project had been previously mentioned that required fabricated engine mounts.

Please explain your comments exactly as I believe that a clarification is in order.

Graham

admit to not knowing the difference, but they sound like different engines :blush:

same lump bazza.. different bore stroke... also the electronics etc.. but size for size its the same.

Graham

same lump bazza.. different bore stroke... also the electronics etc.. but size for size its the same.

Steve, i thought the 1JZ was a 2.5 and the 2JZ a 3.0???

To reply to all the postings -

The 1JZGTE is the twin turbo 2.5 litre baby brother to the 2JZGTE. After 1996 however they produced a special version - 1JZGTE VVTi which has only 1 turbo. This motor has enormous torque output - 378Nm at 2400rpm and 85% of that available at 1500rpm. This motor is still in production in Japan.

The 1JZ have heads by Yamaha whereas the 2JZ have heads by Toyota. Guess which ones are better - of course the 1JZ, unless you are building a monster equivalent. In Japan a very popular conversion is the 2JZ block with 1JZ heads on them. They call them 1.5JZ's.

The 2JZ block is a long stroke version of the 1JZ - approx 25mm difference in height. Everything else that bolts onto the block is the same or similar. The 1JZ's are very popular in Australia for engine changes as they are much cheaper than the 2JZ's with little difference in power output. They are also lighter in weight as well.

Why I picked the 1JZ is the VVTi function and the large torque. I picked this motor up off eBay for a good price. My last experience with 1JZ twin turbo conversion saw 315HP at the wheels with a few mods to the boost controller and 13psi boost. With similar mods to this engine should see a very reliable 300HP while still being very drivable and smooth.

The reason my engine mounts worked is because the 1JZ is not as tall as the 2JZ hence it stills fits under the bonnet. If you tried these mounts with the 2JZ it wouldn't work. I read the Monster postings last night - what a history.

My comment is only those who have undertaken such work themselve can throw comments around. As I always say we should have a sticker on the car - "Built not bought". It is not easy carrying out these conversions if you have not attempted it before. Ray Hall has been very good to me and told me lots about his conversion. However the more I ask Ray the more I find out. By the time I finish I will know all the tricks - some from others and some discovered by myself.

In my case the VVTi function will be difficult to control as I don't have the standard computer and will be trying to integrate an Autronic and IS200 computers combined to do the same function. This is a new area not done by othere before.

Re the photos - I tried to upload them to the gallery but it doesn't work for me. I will try again tonight.

Graham

Sounds great Graham - can't wait to see some pics.

You're right about peoples comments though - it is very easy for people to make disparaging remarks when they have never tried it for themselves or they have a hidden agenda. Don't let them get you down mate - I don't :)

What's the trick in posting photos.

When I add them to the gallery menu and then click the button to upload nothing happens.

Anyone able to help?

Graham

gday.......

dont mention the rugby....... :whistling::whistling:

Uploading will take a while depending on the size of the images...........

if you want email me (PM 4 address) & I'll do it 4 U...........you can then finish the project quickly !!!