Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody had a false alarm on their car. I have had 3 IS250's and now the IS300h and never had the alarm go off until today. Been out all morning came home, car on the drive in the rain for an hour then the horn started.

If it happens again I will check the dash before I unlock the car to see if a door open indicator is on, other than that then it's back to Lexus.

I agree that the alarm might well have been set off by some kind of insect.

I was once woken up in the middle of the night by a hotel porter when the alarm of my 250 sounded for no

apparent reason and woke up the entire neighborhood. Next morning I found a dead wasp on my seat.

I left a insect in the vehicle, looked like a very small moth, and thought that it wasn't big enough to set off the alarm. 15 mins. later it was going off. All I did was reset the alarm and it was then fine for the rest of the night, so I'm not sure if the moth was the culprit or not.

I doubt this would have been a problem in my previous vehicles so maybe the interior sensor is a bit on the sensitive side?

I left a insect in the vehicle, looked like a very small moth, and thought that it wasn't big enough to set off the alarm. 15 mins. later it was going off. All I did was reset the alarm and it was then fine for the rest of the night, so I'm not sure if the moth was the culprit or not.

I doubt this would have been a problem in my previous vehicles so maybe the interior sensor is a bit on the sensitive side?

Maybe the alarm frightened the moth to death, which is why the alarm didn't go off again.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I have been home from holiday 11 days. While away for two weeks the car sat on the drive. During our first journey I noticed cobwebs from both rear headrests up to the top of the rear window so I think I must have a lodger. I am sure it will die if I can resist feeding it.

Out of interest where are the censors as that might give me an idea where to look for my little friend.

A pal of mine had a spider get into a motion sensor in his house. Kept setting the house alarm off. Took ages to establish that was the cause.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Had the alarm go off 3 times recently - middle of the night of course. The only thing I could put it down to was the glovebox was left open as I was reading the handbook. Closed it and slept the rest of the night undisturbed.

J

Went to pick up the grandchildren from school today. When I came out of my daughter house all my windows were down. Had her keys and mine in my pocket so I know what happened but you have to be carefull, luckily it was not raining. Not my week.

Should we be pleased that spiders must love the new IS? No alarm set off yet but I noticed a web in back window 2 days after collecting my car. It has reappeared twice since but not found the culprit(s) yet.

There can be little doubt that the presence of insects is a flattering tribute to the attractiveness of the 300h's

cockpit design. Evidence for this lies in the reluctance of flies, mosquitoes, midges etc., to leave the car even

when you open all the windows and doors for the purpose. In fact, this usually acts as invitation for others to

come in.

With specific regard to spiders, some people regard them as bringers of good luck - or the opposite if you

kill them. Being superstitious, I try to flick them out of the car with a finger, not always successfully.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links