Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Recall

This might not affect my car but it will affect some of you guys..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/lexus/11163692/Thousands-of-Lexus-cars-recalled-over-faulty-fuel-pipes.html

Will wait to hear from Lexus as mine might have been manufactured within those dates.

You can check your car here

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/reference-library/#/RecallInformation

Mines affected also... Wouldn't reconise my reg to begin with as I've a personal plate and had to look at servicing manual for orginal plate No as I couldn't remember what it was before I changed it..... Old age

Mines also affected! :(

Not got any intentions to visit Lexus currently, but guess I'll sort something out! :)

No doubt they'll try the old 'we checked your fuel hose, but it's fine. We did however notice x,y,z that need replacing at £££££!' ;)

Such fun!

On Thursday 16th the Lexus recall site showed my 2008 ISF was subject to the fuel-pipe recall and made enquiries with Lexus to see if it was urgent enough to need to be done before my next service & MOT is due next spring. Initially they advised I should contact my Dealer - but subsequently emailed me on Saturday to say my ISF is not affected - and sure enough the recall site has been updated to say the same.

Me too. :eerrrmm:

I've emailed Lexus Woodford to find out what they recommend.

Seems odd that they were affected one minute, but now they aren't?!

Hopefully it's legitimate, and not Lexus trying to wiggle out of doing the recall!

I am awaiting a response from Lexus Leicester. In the meantime I have printed off the screens from the Lexus website confirming my car is not affected.

I will keep this as evidence, if something crops up later.

That's a good idea Andrew! :)

Will print off my screens as evidence just in case.

I'll try and find out if the US guys have had this happen to them. Seems odd they haven't added something to the search results to explain why it was originally a recall, but now isn't?!

Maybe our cars were assembled differently to others, and they have confirmed that on one already?

Strange to change it without any explanations though.