Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

300H On Tv

The inspector on the TV series " Scott & Bailey " drives a 300h and she keeps taking the fob from her handbag and using the button to unlock the doors, the stupid woman is driving me mad.

D

• Like 1

I haven't seen the TV show you mention, but I am glad to learn that even if the character seems not have read the

owner's manual, she is nevertheless on the side of law and order (or is she bent?). In just about every American series I have seen, a Lexus is usually driven by a villain.

Hi Rabbers

I have just signed up for Netflix so will be watching some of those American series so will see if I can uphold your theory, maybe its like the old westerns if the cowboy had a black hat you knew he was a baddie.

D

Quite a few police detectives have driven IS250's over the past 2 or three years - I assume that it was part of some clever Lexus product placement. Actually, I thought hat the police inspector in Scott and Bailley was driving a 2nd generation IS250 rather than the 3rd generation IS300h, but when I was driving up the M6 today I saw a lovely white Jaguar that turned out to be a lovely white Maserati Quattro Porto so my car recognition has, as the police say, got previous.

Just trivia but when I Googled to try to find out which Lexus model was used on Scott and Bailley, I discovered that Facebook lists a Lexus Scott and a Lexus Bailey - a bit like Austin Healey, I suppose.

Sounds like you need a few car mags and brochures Bratman to brush your skills. My wife had spotted the Inspector's IS was a 3rd generation but didn't get close enough to assess whether it was hybrid or petrol. May need a few more episodes sadly.

The Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. drive large Lexus off roaders (and the occasional smaller one) in the TV show. I can now claim to my younger nieces and nephews I drive a secret superhero car!

Since first reading this thread, which is a good one for anyone interested in Lexus-related trivia, I have been trying

to recall sightings of Lexus models in American TV crime dramas. Since the cars are typically glimpsed in standard

street or car-park scenes, they do not stick in the memory as being associated with any particular show, but even

so, their presence is so frequent as to broadly justify the thought that Lexus U.S.A.'s placement strategy could well

be based on the cultivation of a non-benign product image.

Two appearances that were more significant than most in the usual crime-related scenarios insofar as they were

appropriate to the stories and characters were in The Sopranos, in which Tony Soprano's spoilt daughter kerbs

the rims of a new silver IS received as a gift from her father, and The Shield, in which a corrupt cop funds the

purchase of his ambitious wife-to-be's GS (?) with cash stolen from the Armenian Mob. I doubt whether either

of these were product placements, but it is interesting to note that the scriptwriters and/or producers chose Lexus

as the brand of car favoured by dubious characters.