Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf Value Tracking...

Exactly, people buy them just because they are an M3 or C63 just like people buy a 911 just because it is a 911 without considering alternatives. I didn't even know the ISF existed until 2 months before I bought mine and I LOVE my cars.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I'm out for a while. Sold my F for a Renaultsport Megane RS265. Totally different car I know, but I wanted to 'drive' a car for a while and plus the car was looking at some big bills. Anyway to cut a long story short.

Renault have it up for sale at £22k. I traded it for £18k. It has a small kerb scratch on one wheel, some scuffs and a small dent behind the rear door. Full Lexus history, 36k on the clock, not 32,500.

In a way I am sad it has gone, but within 6 months it will, in my view require:

Two front tyres

Full service

Front disks and pads

The repairs to the body.

Although it was on lease, I came out quids in. The original offer was £19k, until they saw the bodywork.

I think they hold their value well, it was retailed at Lexus for £24k when I bought it just under 2 years ago.

I thought the info would give some idea on mark up and retail prices etc.

Considering the others out there, it is very good value.

I will be back, but maybe for an LS.

Cheers.

Sorry to hear you had to sell up chap. :(

Admire you though for realising the upcoming costs would be too much to cover. :)

Hopefully the Megane fills the gap till you can come back to the Lexus family.

All the best mate.

Cheers.

Pete :)

£18k for a 2009 36k miles is about right, good one Renault. Lexus dealer would only offer £16k. The RS265 is a great car. Not quite in that league but I've just ordered an Alfa Giulietta QV

18/19k trade is good I think. Especially given the money needing to be spent on it soon.

Hope you enjoy the megane. Feel free to attend meets if you would like to :)

Thanks everyone.

I think I got a good deal, considering this was a separate transaction to buying the Megane.

Something I also considered was the residual value, which would be £9k in July 2016. That seems good if I were to trade it in for another Lexus, but I wonder how much I would get for it. WBAC offered around £13k about a month ago. I think Lexus would have hit me hard with the cost, considering the body repairs,if I were simply to hand the car back.

In terms of the Megane, I like it. The ride is slightly softer than the ISF (not much), but obviously it feels a lot more 'alive' as it is lighter. Driving a manual again is nice, where you have long stretches of open roads. It is very sporting, with its recaro sports seats and a 6 speed gearbox. I intend to go on a few track days with it once it is run in. The cabin quality is ok, a bit more harder plastics, but it has the basics, sat nav, USB and climate.

I will get bored no doubt and when I do, as I said I may look for a LS. I have had some LS400's in the past. An LS600 is what I am thinking of.

I have enjoyed my time with the ISF and have no complaints other than not being able to stretch as often as I would like. One of the things that stands out, which should not be a factor was the MPG. On long motorway runs 30mpg being achievable at around 80mph is remarkable for a 5 litre V8.

Cheers guys.

Always liked the RS Megane. It is probably the most "alive" of the current crop of very capable hot hatches, and very good on the track apparently, so enjoy.

Nice choice with the Megane; great car.

£18k is a pretty good price but when you say it was a separate deal, was that price paid as a standalone deal ie not as a part ex?

£18k is a pretty good price but when you say it was a separate deal, was that price paid as a standalone deal ie not as a part ex?

Well maybe it was. It's just that I got the quote over internet by their computer. Maybe some kind of formula they use.

We negotiated the value of my car then further negotiations we had on the Renault. It worked out to about 22% off the car! excluding my part ex. There was equity in my car, so that helped.

Personally, I think they selling the car too cheap. A little touch up and £24k.

Well maybe it was. It's just that I got the quote over internet by their computer. Maybe some kind of formula they use.

We negotiated the value of my car then further negotiations we had on the Renault. It worked out to about 22% off the car! excluding my part ex. There was equity in my car, so that helped.

Personally, I think they selling the car too cheap. A little touch up and £24k.

Is that yours that's just come up on Autotrader?

Nice choice with the Megane; great car.£18k is a pretty good price but when you say it was a separate deal, was that price paid as a standalone deal ie not as a part ex?

Well maybe it was. It's just that I got the quote over internet by their computer. Maybe some kind of formula they use.We negotiated the value of my car then further negotiations we had on the Renault. It worked out to about 22% off the car! excluding my part ex. There was equity in my car, so that helped.Personally, I think they selling the car too cheap. A little touch up and £24k.
Is that yours that's just come up on Autotrader?

The black one yes. It has 36,500 miles on it. Well it did when I gave it to them last Saturday. They must have simply polished it and put it on their forecourt.

So with all that work being required soon, its not quite the bargain it appears I guess. The list you posted means it probably will need £2K spent on it.

Hi all...

Not been here for a while since I was considering a gs300 (S160) vs a 528i sport (E39)...

Well obviously we know which way that went.

However I'm now seriously looking at Lexus again, and love the IS F. Probably won't be in a position to own one for another year or so, but I like to plan early.

This thread has been interesting, seeing how the price has fluctuated...

There's a beautiful white one on Autotrader and I was wondering if it was someone's from here?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201504042335197/sort/default/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/usedcars/make/lexus/postcode/b315jq/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/page/1/model/is_f/channel/cars?logcode=p

Dont know it but imagine seat bolsters will have taken a beating but this can be restored to a degree by a professional. ALos imagibe there will be plenty of stone chips given the mileage. Agains fixable by a professional. One owner, full lexus history, seems good in good condition. Plenty in the states have this sort of mileage on them.

I'll be selling minse next year so we may be speaking then unless your patience doesn't last :)

Stu

hell of a car for the money. Any car with that mileage will have a few bits that aren't perfect and again any car have have an unexpected failure of something expensive. Its been used regularly so probably been reliable so far! Isf is well worth owning. Go for it.

That white one is great value. I wouldn't hesitate if I was after one. The whites a nice choice too.

I personally think that bar a couple, most available at the moment are still overpriced.

That white one is great value. I wouldn't hesitate if I was after one. The whites a nice choice too.

I personally think that bar a couple, most available at the moment are still overpriced.

Lol, as always I disagree :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links