Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Put NF octane boost in petrol today

Hi all, there is some contreversy over octane boost. I was told to use it aswell as Optimax. Put Nitrous Formula in today 2ml per litre of optimax, did not do any 0-60 because of traffic, but I am sure it has lowered the point were the supercharger kicks in, usaully kicks in hard when you have put the throttle half way down, today was kicking in hard sooner and seemed to have perked things up. My fuel rating was about 100-101. Have looked at 3 different graphs and they all show a straighter acceleration curve and torque curve with upto 20bhp increase. Also they showed peak BHP coming in at slightly lower RPM. The other benefits seem to be anti-corrosion, lubrication and a power increase. Seems to be relevant for japanese vehicles. Our cars would sense things and improve themselves.

Just what I have researched and numerours independant tuners cant all be wrong. I was told to use it by TDi along with optimax. It may not improve 0-60 much becuase I cant shift gears any quicker but the instant pick up is better. Apart from all the above it is protection for the engine.

[Edited on 17-4-2002 by superchargedmorph]

This Optimax thing is bugging me now, the only Shell forcourt I have found with it is 3hrs away in Glasgow, has anyone found it furter north? I would like to try it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that is really strange that you all seem to be going on about optimax. I have used it several times & like always with shell petrol my car feels like it's running very smooth, but i never feel any extra oomph!! I always use Texaco Super unleaded & you can really tell the difference!!!

P.S. Dont you just hate it when your running reserve and the only place you can find for petrol is sainsbury's :lol: Boy now that is Shi*e petrol!! well it is in cambridge anyway!