Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Nx True Mpg

Something I'm never likely to bother doing again, but I filled up my new NX today so am able to do an accurate mpg calculation. I've done 415 careful miles, almost all on B-Roads and lanes at 30-50 mph. There was one motorway trip of 50 miles or so, but as the M5 was busy I barely got above 60mph.

Anyway, the 415 miles used 42 litres of unleaded, which the online calculator says is 44.9mpg. That's really excellent, and better than I expected, especially as the trip computer says 43.1 (and I zeroed it after I fuelled the car straight after collecting it from the dealer). Warm weather and low speeds really does the job. In the Winter when I go back to using the M4 I'll be lucky to get 40mpg, but even so I'm pleased with this result right now.

Good weather certainly makes all the difference to the mpg.  I'm currently averaging around 43mpg with mixed driving, but during the winter I was lucky to achieve 37mpg.  The 43mpg incidentally is also with the aircon in use.

• 4 weeks later...

Our NX has just completed a trip to France and back. 600 miles each way with 700 miles running around whilst there (Total 1900 miles).

Overall the brim to brim consumption was 46mpg. I was keeping to 62 - 65 mph on the motorways / dual carriageways and national speed limits elsewhere.

What I did notice was that weight made a big difference. When we were driving around with friends in the car I noticed a drop of about 5mpg after days out. Similarly when travelling home on the return journey with a full load (wine etc)  I was down by 4mpg.

So, overall really pleased with the consumption figures. The car was very comfortable, really quiet and we felt far more relaxed after the end of a jorney than we did in our Audi Q3.

• Like 1

and we felt far more relaxed after the end of a jorney than we did in our Audi Q3.

well now you don’t have to drive 2 inches from the car in front anymore😆

On 7/31/2018 at 12:29 PM, Dealkent said:

More,proof we don’t need to import costly overrated german cars , buy British or buy Japanese . 

Buy British? - Is there such a thing as a British car anymore? 😉

On 7/31/2018 at 12:37 PM, Jamesf1 said:

and we felt far more relaxed after the end of a jorney than we did in our Audi Q3.

well now you don’t have to drive 2 inches from the car in front anymore😆

3 hours ago, DanD said:

Buy British? - Is there such a thing as a British car anymore? 😉

I mean made in Britain 🇬🇧 

• 1 year later...

I have a new (to me) NX F Sport which is two ears old and had 12000 miles on the clock. I have now done a further 3000 miles and cant get better than 31 mph. I am shocked at how far short of the manufacturers claimed MPG this is and well short of what I would have expected of a hybrid. Any thoughts??????

You will have seen from other threads that the NX300h typically gives 37 to 40 mpg overall on mixed driving. Over 3000 miles you will have learned how to drive the hybrid so you do seem to be getting a poor result. Have you read the hybrid driving guide?

How have you measured the mpg? Brim-to-brim tank fills or from the on-board computer? Do you do a lot of motorway driving at 80+ mph? Is the engine warming up properly? I see that you are in Lanarkshire. Lower temperatures can reduce mpg summer to winter by about 3mpg anyway.

There are a lot of factors involved so let's eliminate some first.

• Like 1

As I have referred to in other posts I have averaged over 41mpg covering 17500 miles from new with a mix of driving - City and Motorway. This has been recorded using brim to brim refuelling. The on board computer is always optimistic and weather conditions certainly affect the consumption which in my experience is as much as 8 mpg.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just picked up my brand new Lexus NX200h today.

Drive from dealer (in Hatfield) to home was about 15 miles

didn't go on motorway or A1,

Car indicated an mpg of 46.2mpg, far better than I expected and better than the 37.6 showing on Lexus website

11 minutes ago, Steve wells said:

Just picked up my brand new Lexus NX200h today.

Drive from dealer (in Hatfield) to home was about 15 miles

didn't go on motorway or A1,

Car indicated an mpg of 46.2mpg, far better than I expected and better than the 37.6 showing on Lexus website

Don't you mean 300h? 😀

Don't forget to take around 10% off for the over-optimistic mpg computer. But still good. Anything approaching a real 40mpg is excellent. 

I am currently commuting 315 miles to and from work on a weekly basis, allowing me plenty of opportunity to test my fuel economy.

I drive up the A1 across the A66 up the M6/M74 to west Scotland. Whilst attempting this at 65MPH I averaged 37.8MPG / 70MPH 33MPG / 75-80MPH 29-32MPG.

I know I have probably bought the wrong type of car for such commutes but I really like the Lexus range.

I wasn't about much last summer but think I was getting more like 40MPG.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mandon75 said:

I am currently commuting 315 miles to and from work on a weekly basis, allowing me plenty of opportunity to test my fuel economy.

I drive up the A1 across the A66 up the M6/M74 to west Scotland. Whilst attempting this at 65MPH I averaged 37.8MPG / 70MPH 33MPG / 75-80MPH 29-32MPG.

I know I have probably bought the wrong type of car for such commutes but I really like the Lexus range.

I wasn't about much last summer but think I was getting more like 40MPG.

HJ`s respondents have reported this

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/lexus/nx-2014

• Like 1

My 2 cents on this:

I recently drove a 2020 NX 300h and achieved 35 mpg

I had a RX 450h as a loaner for a few days and achieved 34.8 mpg
My mum gets 50-51mpg in her IS 300h, My dad gets 48mpg in his 2019 Ct 200h
I am achieving 35 mpg in my IS 250 

19 minutes ago, ThomasD94 said:

My 2 cents on this:

I recently drove a 2020 NX 300h and achieved 35 mpg

I had a RX 450h as a loaner for a few days and achieved 34.8 mpg
My mum gets 50-51mpg in her IS 300h, My dad gets 48mpg in his 2019 Ct 200h
I am achieving 35 mpg in my IS 250 

Very interesting Thomas, but reduce them all by 8% if you are quoting on-board -computer (OBC) figures

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Very interesting Thomas, but reduce them all by 8% if you are quoting on-board -computer (OBC) figures

will do 🙂
I just posted to give people a reference for the range, I was impressed at how economical the big RX was considering it is larger and has a V6

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links