Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Nx True Mpg

I'm sure the 2.5 petrol engine coupled with hybrid batteries in the 300h is capable of producing a good deal more than 195bhp. As it currently stands with the NX 300h you get the worst of all worlds - poor performance, poor fuel economy, poor choice of options. So, basically the slightly lower VED and edgy looks are really the only plus points as far as I can see. I agree that Lexus screwed the 330h over, just as much as the customers (like me) who have bought it. Then again, it looks like they are about to screw over RX owners with the price of the new model.

Well the NX300h system has been lifted from the ES300h, not the IS300h/GS300h which have a different setup.

Lexus tend to make yearly revisions though, so its very likely that all options may eventually become available in the UK. Its also possible that another trim grade could surface, for example an NX Advance.

If the new RX450h F-Sport is £65k (which I think is very likely), then id be considering an RX200t as I have heard the gearing on the 200t is very good from insiders. Of course, I may also just purchase an ex-demo, they're mostly in good condition (nothing that I cant sort out with a DA polisher), i predict the RX to take a £15k hit in the first 6 months anyway and I have no interest of having my name as number 1 on the logbook lol.

oh and ive finally got the figures on the 4RX weight! Its a whole 10kg lighter than the current model at 2030kg!! OK now that doesn't sound like much but when you consider its got 12cm longer with extra stiffening and more sheet metal, they've probably saved about 100kg from what it would have been

It seems that the NX has been compromised heavily to meet certain CO2 emissions, just for the benefit of company car drivers.

Definitely in the case with the 300h.

But then they've cornered themselves by only having the 200t available in F-Sport trim. Im sure they'd sell more if they were in Premier or Luxury spec

That's true. My son in law has a 200t on order for delivery in September, something he rather rushed into after test driving one for a few days, and then being told by a Lexus salesman that he needed to act fast if he wanted one this year. Since then he has realised the spec options of the 200t are severely limited, and that even going for the panoramic roof he wanted deletes the roof bars from the car. He wants roof bars, so has had to go for the electric sunroof instead, which is something I would have gone for if I had realised how dark the interior of the NX is without one. I think he has reached the point now where he thinks he has made a mistake ordering the car, is worried he will miss some of the options he has on his current car, and that when he comes to sell the 200t there isn't going to be much interest. Unfortunately he will lose his £1000 deposit, but that's a lot better than paying £39k for a car you aren't entirely happy about before it even arrives.

That's true. My son in law has a 200t on order for delivery in September, something he rather rushed into after test driving one for a few days, and then being told by a Lexus salesman that he needed to act fast if he wanted one this year. Since then he has realised the spec options of the 200t are severely limited, and that even going for the panoramic roof he wanted deletes the roof bars from the car. He wants roof bars, so has had to go for the electric sunroof instead, which is something I would have gone for if I had realised how dark the interior of the NX is without one. I think he has reached the point now where he thinks he has made a mistake ordering the car, is worried he will miss some of the options he has on his current car, and that when he comes to sell the 200t there isn't going to be much interest. Unfortunately he will lose his £1000 deposit, but that's a lot better than paying £39k for a car you aren't entirely happy about before it even arrives.

Although I would have liked a panoramic sunroof - I opted not to have one. For me, dark interiors feel more cosy and I like how the interior stays dark at night.

I have ordered a panoramic roof. It feels like you are in a convertible without the wind. :) I personally do like the brighter interior you get with that. there is a blind to pull if you want it dark. I feel it is quite good value as it will be used whenever I am in the car, unlike Sat Nav which is the same price but I would rarely use. I am still considering that, as although I would rarely use it I think it is nice to have.

Further to the above. If I do not go with Sat Nav I will buy a decent TomTom. I think for about £200 you can get a nice one. But, another thing the salesman has tried to sell me is the car waxing they do for £500. I have to say it is nice to have it done, but at £500 it's a bit steep. I think you can have it done privately for about half that, or I can do it myself for about £50. If I did not have that done and did not buy the TomTom, I am nealy at the cost of Sat Nav anyway. Thoughts?

If you want the body work protecting I would go to a detailer and get it properly done. Most offer a new car protection treatment. You will also have more choice there of the treatments that are used and how much you want to spend. Sat Nav wise it is difficult to say. If you are going for the standard one which I have in the IS then it is simple enough to use and works well enough. I doesn't have the bells and whistles you get with the premium one and certainly won't be as good as a decent standalone one. It is nice to have it in the car though going through the main screen via the rotary controller and not having it stuck to the window with cables etc.. I use mine occasionally but normally use my phone too as that is always plugged in for music. I use Waze as it is far more dynamic and aggressive than any other nav I have used and it is free. Best for traffic and commuting but the choices out there are endless!

Alec, I've had the pre-delivery paintwork and interior treatment done twice, once paid for, once thrown into the deal. The £500 cost is simply not worth it. As you say,you can do it yourself quite easily for a fraction of the price, buying the items on-line (Supaguard for the paintwork, and Scotchguard products for leather and carpets). Frankly, I trust car dealers about as far as I can throw them, and I know these treatments are a big money maker for them. I'm not saying they are all dishonest, but I bet some take your money and don't do a thing. I have the Premium Sat Nav in our NX which I believe is a £2000 option. It also gives you the uprated stereo, and the awful touch pad. If you don't use sat nav much, and are not bothered about an uprated stereo (the basic is just fine anyway), then go for the standard Lexus Navigation. It looks nice, works well, and will be a lot neater than a Tom Tom. It also adds value to the car when it's time to sell, which a Tom Tom and a treatment won't. See if the dealer will throw in sat nav at reduced cost as part of the deal.

Alec, I've had the pre-delivery paintwork and interior treatment done twice, once paid for, once thrown into the deal. The £500 cost is simply not worth it. As you say,you can do it yourself quite easily for a fraction of the price, buying the items on-line (Supaguard for the paintwork, and Scotchguard products for leather and carpets). Frankly, I trust car dealers about as far as I can throw them, and I know these treatments are a big money maker for them. I'm not saying they are all dishonest, but I bet some take your money and don't do a thing. I have the Premium Sat Nav in our NX which I believe is a £2000 option. It also gives you the uprated stereo, and the awful touch pad. If you don't use sat nav much, and are not bothered about an uprated stereo (the basic is just fine anyway), then go for the standard Lexus Navigation. It looks nice, works well, and will be a lot neater than a Tom Tom. It also adds value to the car when it's time to sell, which a Tom Tom and a treatment won't. See if the dealer will throw in sat nav at reduced cost as part of the deal.

Worth remembering though that any option you do add to the car will diminish in value over time.

IE if selling a car optioned with £2k sat nav and £1k panoramic roof, itll only be worth £1-1.5k more than the same car without them 6 months down the line

That's probably true if you are trying to sell, but on the used forecourt there is often still a £3k difference between cars that have, and those that don't. Probably why they are still on the forecourt!!

Yes, we've mostly decided it's not that good, even taking the usual discrepancy with the manufacturers official figures into account.

• Like 1

Yes, we've mostly decided it's not that good, even taking the usual discrepancy with the manufacturers official figures into account.

Hmm coming back to that - after my service, the service tech put my tyre pressures down to 32. Im getting 26mpg now in my RX lol. Plan is to fill back up to 37psi on Friday!

No noticeable difference in ride at all, handling seems adversely affected by low pressures however. The RX just doesnt like corners at 32psi. 37psi and it can handle them pretty well taking its heft into account.

Might be worth pumping all pressures to 37psi to see what happens?

I'd say buying an NX300H after 1st April 2017 or any hybrid for that matter will not be worth it. Tax is only based on CO2 for one year and then itll be £140 a year or £450 for first 5 years if car is more than £40k

I'd say buying an NX300H after 1st April 2017 or any hybrid for that matter will not be worth it. Tax is only based on CO2 for one year and then itll be £140 a year or £450 for first 5 years if car is more than £40k

I have a feeling a lot of cars are going to be priced at £39,995.... :P

Yes, so much for encouraging environmentally friendly cars. Any fool could have told them that the income from VED would fall dramatically as cars became more CO2 efficient. What they plan to do isn't going to encourage people to buy low emission vehicles anymore, and I expect there will be a lot more attractive propositions grouped together in the 95% of cars that will be rated at £140 a year. When thy get clobbered with fines from the EU for not reaching emissions targets, they will just pass it on to us by way of increases in our energy bills. That will take care of the fines, and there will be a consequential reduction in emissions because millions won't be able to afford to heat their homes.

I have a feeling a lot of cars are going to be priced at £39,995.... :P

Depends on what they mean by "list price". If they take the whole price after options like P11d then its hard to price a car at £39995.

Yes, so much for encouraging environmentally friendly cars. Any fool could have told them that the income from VED would fall dramatically as cars became more CO2 efficient. What they plan to do isn't going to encourage people to buy low emission vehicles anymore, and I expect there will be a lot more attractive propositions grouped together in the 95% of cars that will be rated at £140 a year. When thy get clobbered with fines from the EU for not reaching emissions targets, they will just pass it on to us by way of increases in our energy bills. That will take care of the fines, and there will be a consequential reduction in emissions because millions won't be able to afford to heat their homes.

As with fuel economy, CO2 figures are tested under lab conditions anyway. Im guessing my RX is probably releasing 400g/km on the motorway anyway lol

The good thing is, with the new VED, buying a used RC-F (5 years old to be specific) would mean tax of only £140!!

Lexus are going to have a huge hit on sales with this unless they reduce prices or something.

So in 2017, you will be able to buy the most polluting car you can find for under £40k, pay a one off 1st year rate of £2k, and then the same £140 flat rate as somebody driving a car producing 1gm per km CO2. The mans a fool.

So in 2017, you will be able to buy the most polluting car you can find for under £40k, pay a one off 1st year rate of £2k, and then the same £140 flat rate as somebody driving a car producing 1gm per km CO2. The mans a fool.

You cant really find a really polluting car under £40k apart from the new Ford Mustang 5.0V8 anyway but Im guessing thats going to change now.

Also, cars have to be pass Euro emissions test regardless, so itd be pretty difficult to get a highly polluting car as time goes on. In this regard, the blokes quite clever really, he knows CO2 will fall as new cars come out as they have to pass Euro 6 and then Euro 7 which has a knock on effect of lower CO2.

Taxation is really for the use of roads, in which case hes got it almost spot on apart from the £40k bit. Id have bands based on size of car instead of value ie small - £50 for 5 years, medium - £150 for 5 years and Large - £300 for 5 years. That way itd increase revenue and hit everybody instead of "the bloke who has enough money"

Just completed a journey from Ackworth ( West Yorkshire) to Alton Towers and the average was 41.8mpg. Although that may seem a decent figure the drivetrain refinement driving uphill was atrocious. If any of you have been to Alton Towers you will recall there are some very steep twisting roads to actually get there. The NX was screaming just to maintain 30 mph. Bloody terrible!

This drivetrain is only fit for flat roads and town driving.

If I can't get a good deal on the new RX , I will be heading towards the Cayenne Hybrid.

First trip of any length - 80 miles - in the new NX, A mixture of motorway, city and rural A road yielded 46.0 mpg. Driving gently, so don't expect to maintain this, but I'd hope to be in the 40 - 45 zone as mileage mounts.

Just completed a journey from Ackworth ( West Yorkshire) to Alton Towers and the average was 41.8mpg. Although that may seem a decent figure the drivetrain refinement driving uphill was atrocious. If any of you have been to Alton Towers you will recall there are some very steep twisting roads to actually get there. The NX was screaming just to maintain 30 mph. Bloody terrible!

This drivetrain is only fit for flat roads and town driving.

If I can't get a good deal on the new RX , I will be heading towards the Cayenne Hybrid.

41.8mpg sounds reasonable. Im going to a wedding in Birmingham from Dewsbury and back with 3 adults and 2 children in the car so will post my RX450h MPG for comparison.

However, I do feel you've somewhat contradicted yourself. You mention you'd move to a Cayenne Hybrid yet, Porsche don't give good deals - they work on a "the price is what you pay" basis and you'd be lucky to get a grand off.

From a pure value perspective the Cayenne is far more expensive. eg, you dont even get real leather on a £62k car, instead getting a vinyl substitute akin to Mercedes Artico! Real leather is £2090 extra. LED headlights, adaptive cruise control, Bose, auto dimming mirrors, aluminium roof rails, panoramic roof, privacy glass, front seat ventilation, heated front and rear seats, rear side airbags, keyless go and decent looking wheels are all expensive add ons!

Yes the RX450h Premier will cost £71k, the Cayenne hybrid to a similiar spec will be up to £81k!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links