Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Top Speed

I'll be going to the Nordschleife/Nurburgring in the new Year with a group of Enthusiasts from an Irish Site. Some of the guys have pretty potent machinery , and are frothing at the mouth at the idea of letting rip on the Autobahn!! I'm wondering will my honour prevail? ! What's the true top speed of a Standard IS on 215/45 by 17s ?

be careful when driving on the autobahn - only limited sections have no speed restrictions, 95+ % of it is 2 lane, and if you are doing high speed expect people to just pull out in front of you causing major use of braaaaaaakes!!

Yeah, good point.

And don't forget it's illegal in Germany to flash people out of the way or give any form of hand gesture to the *** **** sitting on your **** at 120+ mph :whistling:

(To get round the first point, I noticed a lot of people putting on their left indicator when behind me)

Yeah, good point.

And don't forget it's illegal in Germany to flash people out of the way or give any form of hand gesture to the *** **** sitting on your **** at 120+ mph :whistling:

(To get round the first point, I noticed a lot of people putting on their left indicator when behind me)

also the indicator method is used a lot in France - this is the best option to use instead of flashing your lights (this just annoys people)

I know someone :whistling: who's had a standard 200 auto up to 125mph. Obviously not me, as that would be very illegal, and you’d be liable for a good shafting from the old bill. (if they see ya!) But I suspect there are many faster cars about. What’s the top end on a manual? And what about you 2fast 2furious types? :winky:

I notice the innocent/whistling smilie ( :whistling: ) getting a lot of use! I've been on the Autobahn a fair bit , but only in Campervans/Motorhomes (Don't laugh, we sell them....) and agree with all you say . Also 90mph is very fast ,and fun in a kind of dirty way in a 6.5 metre long , 10 feet high Motorhome...... :blink:

My baby should be minus precats(whenever I finish the bloody manifold!) and plus Unichip and freer backbox by then anyway. B) Heres to hitting the limiter in 6th! :o

Mine's got some miles under its belt, and it can reach the rev limiter in 6th on a relatively short stretch (about 3 miles I guess).. The speedo then has 225 kph on the clock, so the 215 kph spec shouldn't be far off. Not bad for a 2 litre car.

No need for downhill or wind from the rear, it won't rev higher anyway.

Well, i guess i must be the only 'chicken' here! :blush:

i've had mine up to 110mph on a stretch of dual carriageway in the very early hours of the morning, but got scared because of the thought that at that speed it's byebye license! :crybaby:

i have to say that i would love to see what the top end speed feels like, but i will not even try on public roads! (anyone got a race track in their back garden? lol!)

out of interest what is the estimated time from 0-top end?

Stu

Well, i guess i must be the only 'chicken' here! :blush:

i've had mine up to 110mph on a stretch of dual carriageway in the very early hours of the morning, but got scared because of the thought that at that speed it's byebye license! :crybaby:

i have to say that i would love to see what the top end speed feels like, but i will not even try on public roads! (anyone got a race track in their back garden? lol!)

out of interest what is the estimated time from 0-top end?

Stu

about 2 days.... :lol::lol::lol:

sorry only joking... would be interesting bit of information though