Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Modifications Do You Have (Is220D)?

Levi5387

Ahh sound might go with that myself! Does it pass emissions ok with the cats out? Well on the standard backbox the exhaust goes in on the left and out on the right so should naturally be able to get the angle :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea was a bit of a poo video. Hard to get it on that road. And the wife is ******* a videoing things or driving. Aha. Yea it's because the ecu is uncrackable. From what I know. The security is too strong. However you can buy something that bypasses the dpf and tricks the ecu into thinking that the dpf is new and there. But i think its only for errors. Not 100%

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2014 at 8:11 AM, Levi5387 said:

I just recently bought an IS220D a few months ago and couldn't wait to add a few modifications to it. First thing I bought was a tuning box from TDi Tuning, they thought they could only alter the fuel injection on the IS until the looked under the bonnet, turns out there was a connection to the turbo too.... bonus. They claim it would have approx 220BHP and 470NM torque. As soon as it was installed and I took it for a test drive with them, the difference put a huge smile on my face. Slightly less turbo lag under 2 revs, but the torque is amazing mid range.

Although it's not a modification, I seen so many posts about the EGR, so I had that taken off and cleaned. It was pretty packed up with carbon, the car had only done 65,000 miles.

Then I bought H&R lowering springs, they said 35mm drop, seems like more to me but I didn't measure. After installment, the ride is a little firmer, I can fell speed bumps and pot holes more than I did before. But far less roll going around the corners and the car looks far better.

And recently had my windows tinted, not fully dark, I don't want it to look to much aftermarket, I also had the front windows tinted to a just legal shade.

I am looking at alloy wheels next, most likely 18 inch lexus wheels. Currently have really ugly 16 inch lexus wheels. Previous owner sprayed black.

What do you have?

Hi there, does your tuning chip connect straight to the turbo only or does it connect in 2 places...im a little confused.

• 1 month later...

This is my is220d 

The car is one of the promo/staff cars at modifiednationals

So far I have done....

Remap from 0-60remaps Selby

K&n panel filter

Smoothed front bumper

Relocated front number plate

Metal plate(also cali plate for shows)

Private Y88RKY plate

Yellow fogs

Hid kit

Red out rear lights

Baby dovetail spoiler

3sdm 006 wheels in 19x10(255x35x19) and 19x8.5(245x35x19)

Bc Coilovers lowered 75mm (just ordered 14kg spring for front so I can pull it down lower!)

Future plans 

Front and rear lips

Duel ovel 6x3 exhaust

Alpine sub and amp

And no doubt they be more!

DSC_0007_zpss7jmutgw.jpg

DSC_0008_zps5a5sj9fk.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links