Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speeding

Fargo

Have you ever broken the speed limit, even just a little.  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever broken the speed limit, even just a little.

• Yes
    • No

Just a quick poll in view of some recent topics,

The question is easy and straightforward, "Have you ever broken the spead limit"

YES or NO..

i dont want any justifications or excuses, just an honest answer.

:)

Food for thought: If everyone posts yes then everyone is a criminal even if they are completely law abiding in every other way. Therefore speed limits make the whole of (car driving) society criminal. :ph34r:

Food for thought: If everyone posts yes then everyone is a criminal even if they are completely law abiding in every other way. Therefore speed limits make the whole of (car driving) society criminal.  :ph34r:

Or is it the mentality of the drivers that make them criminal?

We all know stealing is against the law, so most people dont do it.

We all know the speed limit, and we know exceeding this is breaking the law...

I ignore them and go with the flow of traffic :whistling:

However in residential areas & by schools I'm mr 20mph :)

Knocked someone over once (not my fault) and having a person bounce off the windscreen and into the road is a salutory lesson. :duh:

50 views and only 15 'polled' answers..

hmmm are ya chicken to answer.. :P

Indeed we all are Dude.. but i would be int the Fidgits school of thought, criminality is a state of mind, after all arent most laws, if not all, there to uphold the 'social' backbone of society.

Anyway, looks like we are all guilty as charged for speeding. with all differimg views on what is acceptable and what is not.

i went out earlier and went with the flow of traffic which was 40-45 in a 30 zone, just the norm really i think. i mean you can do more than 30 in first gear!

everyone breaks the speed limit, ive even seen OAP's whizzing by at dangerously fast speeds in those shop mobility things on the pavement, we're not talking super speed but enough to do some damage and their reactions arent the fastest!

why doesnt the goverment force the car manufactures to stick speed limiters on every vehicle.. i mean why make a car that does 130mph when there isnt a place in the uk that you can do this..

... no cause there would be uproar from the manufactires aswell as consumers, But the roads may be a safer place..

Are you trying to argue that speed kills? It's well known that that is fallacious; indeed, even official stats show that "only" 6% of accidents are solely due to speed, whatever the supporters of speed cameras may say.

Far better to concentrate on other causes, such as alcohol, or increasingly, drugs giving rise to impaired judgement.

i went out earlier and went with the flow of traffic which was 40-45 in a 30 zone, just the norm really i think. i mean you can do more than 30 in first gear!

everyone breaks the speed limit, ive even seen OAP's whizzing by at dangerously fast speeds in those shop mobility things on the pavement, we're not talking super speed but enough to do some damage and their reactions arent the fastest!

i got run over in the trafford centre by an old dear on a scooter :blink:

speeding in general doesnt kill its innapropriate speeds that kill this is what should be stopped. We all drive fast on motorways but thats why they exist to get around the country easily if you are involved in a pile up (hope anybody isn't) will 70-90 make much difference ? The road is designed to save lives by not having big objects like trees in the way and barriers that stop you leaving the road in most cases. Should the areas of concern not be around schools, housing estates, town centres where there is no need to drive at excessive speed. Why are these cameras mostly in revenue generating areas rather than safety awareness areas how many cameras are there outside schools? Ive not seen many, How about all these unneeded cameras are removed and placed either side of every school in the country and the limit lowered to 20mph then see if the 6% accident rate drops.

post-71-1070381278.gif

Speeding isn't a crime !!!!

The interesting thing is that, we're rounded by the speed idea, you must speed at your work everyday, you must speed in the morning, in the evening, going for holydays, to save time, to earn money etc, etc ... BUT not on roads, because this is bad.

OK then, we must have a limit, and respect it, or trying to respect it, as anyone choose to do it, we're all knowing the bad and good speeding taste, we all know that you can speed in some areas to reduce any kind of risk, like an empty highway at night or else good spot, and unluckily this is where you will find the radar, Why ?

As you don't know probably, in France we're "suffering" some major changes since a few months. They're instaling a lot of your Gatso speed boxes, everywhere, with the same old and inapropriate message "Kill your speed" so...

So they're wrong, speeding isn't the problem to fix, it's just a part of it, small part actually. The major problem is the way you're driving, behaviours, respecting everyone else on the road, alcohol, applying strictly the safe distance. You can perfectly speed respecting some basic rules, in England as I saw people use to respect the law, when here we're most of the time trying to pass through it. The one who's repecting the speed limit but not the safe distance is a potential killer to me, and we're plenty of now. I didn't notice that a year ago, but since I'm a father and I have to think about the family that change your mind a lot, I see day by day pure madness drivers (better to name them as that).

A Gatso is a terrific idea, automatic penalties, no human touch, and this can easily replacing three policemen, very cheap instalation cost and big revenue !

Something we're starting to see, is that the massive anti speed politic doesn't reduce the road dead's number, but it produce a lot of money in taxes, and the day they really care about road safety, they will probably start to think about how to change the public driver mentality, longer to achieve, more expensive to do but this is the major french problem to fix.

As you said it Japanese LowRider, they're installing the french gatso everywhere where they can collect fast money (fast you said :), but definitly not where they should place it, same as you I will be more than happy the day I see a speed box in front of a school...still searching.

one thing you have in France Vince that we dont is when someone dies on a road overhere people put flowers down you see them alot but they also die and get forgotton about. In France you have lifesize wooden cutouts of people painted black by the road to show that someone has died which lasts longer and makes you think alot more because of the simple fact that it looks like a human being, especially when you see on some stretches of road a sillohette of a person every 100m!!!!! Or at a junction a group of sillohettes where more than one person has died!!!!

That puts the point across better to me that this is a dangerous piece of road seeing the number of lives that have been lost.

BUT ABOVE ALL IT MADE ME SLOW DOWN

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links