Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg

KDS

If I can get near that I'll be made up. 58 in a petrol is pretty darn awesome.

If you check the hybrid readout, Battery mode will still assist up to around 65mph. It's not as prominent but when there is no requirement for excessive power, electric motors will still help out.

Not sure how good your company is at telling the tax office that you have changed cars, mines a huge PLC. And supposed to tell tax office every quarter, but not sure they ever did, as nearly a year later I was still paying tax on old car. As it was such a huge difference got fed up and told tax office myself and they changed it really quickly and refunded me. said it was best if the driver always writes to them direct and they will act on it. for me I was saving £150 pm!

I work for a big company too but they stated clearly to be fair that they only tell the tax office about the first company car. After that it's the employees responsibility to write to them and let them know of any changes. I'll be writing to them on the day I pick up the keys. Lol

Ive had my ct200h for two weeks now and have been averaging at least 50mpg highest I have had is 59 mpg from the onboard computer.

We did a 300 mile round trip today and achieved 50mpg and that was in normal - sport mode which we were quite chuffed with!

Overall quite pleased

P.s the last car I had was a hot hatch!

• 4 weeks later...

Had my 2012 F Sport since 24th December and am now averaging 51 mpg, not driving too much like Miss Daisy either. Just need it a bit higher in order to beat my other half's bluemotion lol :)

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Pick my car up on the 26th. Probably not the greatest time of the year to try and get the best mpg out of a new car. Will do my best to see what i can do though. Currently getting 50 ish out of a 1.5 diesel grand scenic.

• Like 1

Just a little thought to help eek out the mileage, every little helps.

A piece of perspex

A piece of clear tube. (to protect the paintwork)

Three straps.

I fit it at the end of November and remove it at the end of March, depending on the ambient temperature.

Regards.

Michael.

post-47562-0-58276600-1421840095_thumb.j

Picked up my F Sport yesterday. I've done a smidgen over 300 miles now and the average is showing 52.3. If I can consistently get that kind of mileage going forward I will be massively impressed.

You will get it at that level of daily mileage if you keep sub 70 - what kills it is high speed, heavy acceleration and most of all short journeys where it fails to warm up - why they don't provide an engine temp gauge ?? What it seems to love is a roads averaging 50-60 over a long distance - introduce traffic, roundabouts lights hills etc and down goes mpg

Now at 9000 from new and about 48mpg and that includes a huge amount of very short daily commute - reasonably happy with the mpg but very happy with the features comfort ride quality and handling

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm glad I wasn't following behind you Tim.

Jokes aside check out fuelly.com I have submitted my results with each fill up and my best mpg is 39.1 with nine fill ups.

I definitely don't drive like Miss Daisy, but do gun it on the autopiste in Europe.

My location has a max. speed limit 40mph.

Pick the bones out of that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bought a 61 plate SE-i from the dealer with 53 K on the clock. Very happy with the car. It came with over half a tank of fuel in, so after a week and a half I have only just filled filled up. From 1/4 of a tank it only took £31 worth of fuel, which I was surprised at as I hadn't read up on the sized of the tank. Not thats it an issue, I'll just need to fill up twice a month rather than once. It will be interesting to see how many miles I can get out of a tank as generally with my last car - diesel. I was getting around 540 from a tank, and only usually having to fill up once a month - around £70. Sometimes twice. My daily commute is 35 miles round trip. Dual carriageways and motorway. The in car read out is hovering around 50.9 mpg thus far. I was just saying to this wife, that I have only been to work 3 times since fill up and its already well down at between half and 3/4's of a tank. I have been driving around 65 mph and generally steady.

One thing I will look at in the next few months is the fitting cruise control...