Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Big Thanks To Mark @ Tdi

DUNCAN

I would just like to say a BIG THANKS to Mark at TDI,

I finally took delivery of my Super charger this morning :D :D (can't stop smiling yet)

I've quickly scanned through the instructions and found it to be quite straight forward to fit (I hope)..

Someone told me that you have to move the clutch master cylinder, but I can't find anything in the instructions about it... Does anyone else with a charger have theirs relocated, or any engine bay pictures showing the clutch cylinder !!!!

Thanks in advance,

DUNCAN.

hi Duncan,

You have to remove the clutch reservoir as it fouls the standard TTE airbox.

Have a look through the kit and see if you can find a white plastic T peice with a section of black rubber pipe and some hose clamps and a black plastic adaptor thingy- IF not it has not been included in the kit.

But it you contact Friedel at TTE they will send you one as it is a free upgrade for the RHD car. also check if you have the newer type spring on the bypass valve - also a free upgrade!

you will also find that quite a lot of the parts are already 1/2 assembled so you will have to skip a few stages of the instructions.

Just PM me if u want to know more/have probs.

rob.

ok Duncan , just popped to the car and am uploading the piccys into the gallery, check back in 5 mins for the links.

LINKS:

1. T-Piece in ABS supply line.

2. view of clutch reservoir adaptor tywrap to prevent it from moving / rocking and allowing air into system.

3.different view of clutch reservoir adaptor

4. overall view of supercharger installation.

hope these help Duncan?

the difference between the old and new spring is:

old spring: normal type pull spring approx 2cm and weak

new spring: mouse trap style spring

if you have the new sprng it will be fitted to the SC already, if not u will have a little bag with the spring and a few other extra bits in it and some instructions also.

if you are not planning on fitting it just yet then if you want send me the new type spring and i will cold galvanise it for you as it is prone to rusting.

cheers rob.

no probs at all mate - you get rid of the clutch reservoir all together, you are using fluid from the brake reservoir to supply the clutch, if you look at this picture you can trace the route of the clutch supply line to the clutch adaptor( on the RH edge of the pic)

no probs at all mate - you get rid of the clutch reservoir all together, you are using fluid from the brake reservoir to supply the clutch, if you look at this picture you can trace the route of the clutch supply line to the clutch adaptor( on the RH edge of the pic)

Aah, clever stuff.

Does that mean bleeding the clutch/brakes ?

What type of fluid is it ?Dot ?

no probs at all mate -  you get rid of the clutch reservoir all together, you are using fluid from the brake reservoir to supply the clutch, if you look at this picture you can trace the route of the clutch supply line to the clutch adaptor( on the RH edge of the pic)

Aah, clever stuff.

i had to bleed my clutch - its really easy to do, there is a full how to in the workshop - or there was before the crash! recommend doing it before you put the under body panel back on, or you have to take it off again.

its DOT 3 fluid BTW

EDIT: clutch bleeding guide is no longer in the workshop forum after the crash, Duncan PM me and ill tell you how to if required

Good On Ya Duncan!!

THink you'll love that extra boost. I remember the first time Zee took for a spin in his. I knew I was gonna have to invest in a little bag of tricks to beat that TGV style Pulling power!!

How will your lowered car/expensive Rubber cope with the increase in thrashability?

:zee:

All the info says DOT3... However...

Dealers use Toyota fluid which is 4 or 5.1 (got pots @ home, could check)

Basically, DOT3, DOT4 or DOT5.1 is fine...

Only DOT5 is NOT compatible !!

Once you've done all that... give it a couple of thousand miles...

and your nice clean fluid will be a horrid yucky black colour :yack:

All the info says DOT3... However...

Dealers use Toyota fluid which is 4 or 5.1 (got pots @ home, could check)

Basically, DOT3, DOT4 or DOT5.1 is fine...

Only DOT5 is NOT compatible !!

Once you've done all that... give it a couple of thousand miles...

and your nice clean fluid will be a horrid yucky black colour :yack:

Thanks Tony,

So what your saying is whatever fluid is in the system at the moment, I can top it up with 3, 4, or 5.1, but not 5, !

Good On Ya Duncan!!

THink you'll love that extra boost. I remember the first time Zee took for a spin in his. I knew I was gonna have to invest in a little bag of tricks to beat that TGV style Pulling power!!

How will your lowered car/expensive Rubber cope with the increase in thrashability?

:zee:

Don't care Loz, it's a mod that had to be done !

So what your saying is whatever fluid is in the system at the moment, I can top it up with 3, 4, or 5.1, but not 5, !

Yes DOT 3 is the minimum spec for the car and DOT 4 and 5.1 exceed that spec and mix fine with DOT3.

DOT 5 is synthetic and doesn't mix.

Yes DOT 3 is the minimum spec for the car and DOT 4 and 5.1 exceed that spec and mix fine with DOT3.

DOT 5 is synthetic and doesn't mix.

Listen to this man... Him know hims onions :duh:

Yes, concur - don't use DOT5. Others will mix fine.

And as i said, your fluid will go yucky black after a while :yack:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links