Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Step In The Right Direction For Me.

Well, I'm moving in the right direction, (My thread 'Oh Blimey!' refers)

I have booked my IS250 in for its next service on November 19th (just a mere couple of weeks away!!!)

And on that day the dealer is loaning me an IS300h for the day, and boy oh boy am I looking forward to that.

If I like it, and I can see no reason whatsoever why I won't, I then need to be looking around to find one to buy that has as many of the goodies that my current SE-L has got, such as light coloured leather,heated and cooled seats, dipping wing mirrors etc etc etc.

A few weeks ago I sat in a CT200h Sport with lovely red leather seats which might tempt me but, I still think that I will be swayed in the direction of the 300h

I will keep you updated as things progress.

Any tips on things to try/look out for whilst i have the 300h?

I would just enjoy it, I'd be astonished if you decide the CT is better, especially as you have an IS already, as I did. My main aim when I test drove was to compare the power and the handling. The 300 won on both, especially the handling. The power is there but slightly different, more torque and less from standstill. Personally I prefer that as my days of zipping away from the lights are behind me. Well, not completely, if I feel the need I whack it into Sport and then it does the job.

Looking forward to your feedback!

No the 300 is equally smooth but different. There are no real gear changes of course, so that in itself makes it smooth.

The engine tone is different, no getting away from that, particularly as you slow down to a complete stop. Some describe it as 'milk float' type of sound, which is a bit harsh but does give the general gist.

If you accelerate hard it can sound a tiny bit whinny, but the 2nd Gen never really had any rumble unless pushed.

It does have the ASC, fake sound control. It's a gimmick but does bring a smile to the lips.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

My best advice to assess how it performs is to put the energy monitor on. Select 'trip information' and watch how car responds to different road conditions and driving style.

"It does have ASC" (by DJP)

I thought that ASC meant something like Automatic Stability Control, what does it mean in your instance please?

Sorry to appear dim!

P.S. I seem to be having trouble with using the 'quote' sections of posting, also I cannot seem to 'copy and paste' within this forum. I don't have same problems on any other forum.

Anyone else find this?

I think DJP was referring to the Active Sound Control, sythentic sound pumped into the cabin to replicate engine and gear changes as the Lexus is so quiet. In Sport mode the Fsport model has a distinct V8 growl I think!

It also has ASC, Active Stability Control too. In fact it has too many TLA's!

I think DJP was referring to the Active Sound Control, sythentic sound pumped into the cabin to replicate engine and gear changes as the Lexus is so quiet. In Sport mode the Fsport model has a distinct V8 growl I think!

It also has ASC, Active Stability Control too. In fact it has too many TLA's!

Active Sound Control was indeed what I was referring to, and it does give the F Sport a growl to the engine, albeit completely false! The volume can be increased, decreased or turned off completely. The volume automatically increases if you move from Normal to Sport mode. When I first read about it I thought "what a load of rubbish", and in a way it is, but for those of us that never quite made the race track it is a it of fun. In a way it's a bit like the flappy paddles, there much more for show than for any real practical use.

Having said that, I'd rather the engineers had spent less time on this and more on making the infotainment system fit for purpose!

Just been looking on Autotrader at some 300h's and they are referring to 'Active Brake Lights' can someone tell me what this means please.

My thoughts are that if they are 'inactive' they just aint werkin, they aint!

Just been looking on Autotrader at some 300h's and they are referring to 'Active Brake Lights' can someone tell me what this means please.

Probably the ones that flash under heavy braking?

No idea at all. Never heard that before in respect of the 300h.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Hiya royoftherovers. No I haven't found the answer I'm afraid but, if I get onto the site using Firefox I don't have the problem and I can 'Quote' and 'Cut and paste' just fine.

Give Firefox a go and see if it solves it for you.

Agreed, this is what Toyota/Lexus call Emergency Brake Signal but for some reason Lexus GB marketing call it Active Brake Light. It operates above 35 mph when breaking with a certain level of deceleration, standard across all IS grades.

Hiya royoftherovers. No I haven't found the answer I'm afraid but, if I get onto the site using Firefox I don't have the problem and I can 'Quote' and 'Cut and paste' just fine.

Give Firefox a go and see if it solves it for you.

It works using Maxthon Cloud too!

Many thanks bluenose. So IE is not what it`s cracked up to be.

Regards

John

Agreed, this is what Toyota/Lexus call Emergency Brake Signal but for some reason Lexus GB marketing call it Active Brake Light. It operates above 35 mph when breaking with a certain level of deceleration, standard across all IS grades.

Just so I understand this correctly, at speeds over 35 mph if I brake heavily the brake lights flash?

Just so I understand this correctly, at speeds over 35 mph if I brake heavily the brake lights flash?

Yes

When I bought the 300h, the salesman told me about the brake lights flashing when you brake hard from

50kmh, and added that when you reach 10kmh in the same braking sequence, the emergency lights

automatically come on. When I mentioned this latter feature to a mechanic in the same dealership, he

said it does not exist. Does anyone know which of them is right? I bet on the mechanic.

I believe the salesman has misunderstood the feature. It mentions the hazard warning system but in the context of disabling the brake light flashing if the hazards are turned on. I don't believe the system turns the hazards on itself.

• Like 1

I have just found my brochure, wifey thought that she had inadvertently thrown it away!

It says "Active Brake Lights- Standard Equipment for all Grades"

Having looked at the brochure quite carefully, I haven't yet seen an explanation of "Active Brake Lights" if I come across it, I will let you know.

P.S. I have just been going through the brochure and no, I can't find any explanation for the brake lights but HORROR of HORRORS, I can see no mention of cruise control. Surely they are fitted with cruise control, please tell me that they are!!

I've just read the CT200h brochure and that mentions the brake lights AND cruise control.

Anyone got a 300h with cruise control?

Thank you for that ColinBarber, that's bit of a relief, not too keen on buying a car that hasn't got it.

I've looked in the brochure again today and as I've mentioned, the CT is shown as having it but there is absolutely no mention of it in the IS brochure.

Thank you for that ColinBarber, that's bit of a relief, not too keen on buying a car that hasn't got it.

I've looked in the brochure again today and as I've mentioned, the CT is shown as having it but there is absolutely no mention of it in the IS brochure.

it is normally quite easy to find a mistake or two in these brochures, but rather than a mistake it seems this was an omission. The web site explicitly states CC is a feature - not that the website doesn't have a mistake or two in it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links