Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer Discounts....

So we have decided to replace our well used Honda Civic with a IS300H. Initially we though about going with the Executive spec car but after going to the dealers today the spec we have decided on is Luxury + Pro Nav + Electric and leather seats. Book price is about £35K.

We're going back next weekend to go a 24hr test drive, and try and hammer out a deal.

Currently have already got some quotes through online website at roughly 10% of RRP.

We're going to pay with cash up front, but have thought about going down the finance route if its a better deal, and clearing the finance with-in the 'cool' off period.

Have never bought a car new before, but the IS300H has impressed enough that we're willing to take the initial depreciation hit :)

Anyone got any hints/pointer about dealer negotiations?

Just pulled the 'cancelling finance in the cooling off period ' with BMW - no issues and saved me £1000 . However Lexus insist on a minimum of 6 payments or you will lose / pay for the finance incentive if you cancel.

Worth confirming with the dealer.

(ps it was written on my finance quote when I was looking at an IS300h)

Picked up a Luxury with heated/vented electric seats and upgraded satnav for £31,000 back in July. I would trawl thru the likes of Autotrader etc and see what's on offer. I'll be back home in a couple of weeks so I'm going in to the dealers and see what kind of deal I can get for a three year service plan and extend the warranty to five years.

Forgot to mention that the price included a dealer discount of £1750 for taking a two year PCP plan. The dealer was really pushing that and in the end it made sense rather than paying it off straight away.

Thanks for the info guys, will read up on the finance small print. Thought about going used, but over 12 months they haven't really dropped that much in value, and it's a car we are going to keep for 5years+ so might as well get the spec we want :)

Cannot wait till Saturday to get the deal done.

Thought about going used, but over 12 months they haven't really dropped that much in value, and it's a car we are going to keep for 5years+ so might as well get the spec we want :)

I'd say the one currently on sale at Lexus Derby for £23,375 is quite a drop, although it is 17 months old.

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-IS/IS-300h/2.5-Luxury/Derby/3627528-604615028-1913663.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

The best deal currently for the IS300h is on drivethedeal.com.

Ask the dealer if they can beat the price?

Thanks for the info, over £5K off the list price....be interesting to see how close the dealer can get :)

I'd say the one currently on sale at Lexus Derby for £23,375 is quite a drop, although it is 17 months old.

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-IS/IS-300h/2.5-Luxury/Derby/3627528-604615028-1913663.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Yes I've seen the ad for that one, infact there is one at our local dealer for similar price, in the spec/colour we want but its done 14,000 miles. In the past I've always bought cars 6-18months old to avoid the dreaded new car depreciation, but this car is for my wife, and she is really keen on the idea of getting something brand new and in the exact colour/spec she likes (she is also funding the car with of her own savings). Given we are likely to keep this car for 6 years + (we've had the Civic since 2008), and just how nice the IS300H is we really don't mind paying the new car tax/deprecation, I certainly am not going to try and convince her to go down the used route.

Really looking forwards to Saturday now :D

Thanks for the info, over £5K off the list price....be interesting to see how close the dealer can get :)

Yes I've seen the ad for that one, infact there is one at our local dealer for similar price, in the spec/colour we want but its done 14,000 miles. In the past I've always bought cars 6-18months old to avoid the dreaded new car depreciation, but this car is for my wife, and she is really keen on the idea of getting something brand new and in the exact colour/spec she likes (she is also funding the car with of her own savings). Given we are likely to keep this car for 6 years + (we've had the Civic since 2008), and just how nice the IS300H is we really don't mind paying the new car tax/deprecation, I certainly am not going to try and convince her to go down the used route.

Really looking forwards to Saturday now :D

Yep its pretty good. Very good company too, had a few cars off them in the past. Brand new, not pre registered ones :)

Best of luck with the purchasing decision this weekend.

Timing is critical to get best deals I feel. When I bought mine back in August, I trawled the Lexus used cars and other websites. There seemed to be some great deals scattered around country on preregistered 14 plates, probably to get sales before reg changed. May be some left.

There were a few Executives with £5k off but I got tempted by a 63 plate low mileage F-Sport in local dealer. Very pleased now that I made the step up.

Hope your dealer looks after you well.

TBH if you went in towards the end of the month and the end of a quarter, you'd probably have no trouble getting that amount of discount. I managed to get a little more than that on my pre-registered F-Sport, which in this case meant the 82 miles driving it from one dealership to another on trade plates where they then registered it :lol: