Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Nx300H

6 days to go. I have arranged to collect my new NX300h Premier (sonic titanium with Ivory interior) from Lexus Birmingham on the 26th. Which gadget shall I try out first? I'm thinking heated steering wheel!

post-37158-0-34102700-1416502648_thumb.j

post-37158-0-77933500-1416502671_thumb.j

6 days to go. I have arranged to collect my new NX300h Premier (sonic titanium with Ivory interior) from Lexus Birmingham on the 26th. Which gadget shall I try out first? I'm thinking heated steering wheel!

How about something to keep the seats clean?

Enjoy.

Regards

John

• Like 1

How about something to keep the seats clean?

Enjoy.

Regards

John

Nice! So fresh with the stickers on! First gadget you need to try out is the DA Polisher and give the car a prep instead of letting the dealer do it!!

I often think I am OCD (obsesseive car detailer) but I would never have thought of doing the prep of a new car myself. Even though I like your thinking Rayaan I won't be following your advice on this occasion.

As for keeping the seats clean I have no worries there. My GS has a light interior (seats and carpets) but thanks to a plethora of Autoglym products and no social life it is still remarkably clean. I am lucky that the kids have grown up but i have a cocker spaniel with a skill in shaking mud everywhere to challenge my car valeting skills

I often think I am OCD (obsesseive car detailer) but I would never have thought of doing the prep of a new car myself. Even though I like your thinking Rayaan I won't be following your advice on this occasion.

As for keeping the seats clean I have no worries there. My GS has a light interior (seats and carpets) but thanks to a plethora of autoglym products and no social life it is still remarkably clean. I am lucky that the kids have grown up but i have a cocker spaniel with a skill in shaking mud everywhere to challenge my car valeting skills

And why is that then? I did it on my RX when I got it 2 years ago. It was frightening but quite rewarding at the same time! Talking about detailing, my car hasn't been washed in 2 months! It looks a right state!

Hi Michael

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the NX. I am picking mine up tomorrow. Lexus just quoted me £432 for insurance which i thought wasn't bad but admiral quoted me £250. I'm not that good at maths but i think Admiral is a tad better!

You'll have to let us all know how you are doing for MPG when you have had it a bit longer

Hi Michael

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the NX. I am picking mine up tomorrow. Lexus just quoted me £432 for insurance which i thought wasn't bad but admiral quoted me £250. I'm not that good at maths but i think Admiral is a tad better!

You'll have to let us all know how you are doing for MPG when you have had it a bit longer

Hi,

Tomorrow will be a great day for you! Congrats, have a lot of fun with the car.

In my experience in the last ca. 1000 km the average is 6,9 Liter / 100 Kilometer. 50-50% highway an city in Hungary.

In the city (Budapest) about 6,3-6,4 l/100km, on the highway by max.140km/h about 7,4 l/100km.

My NX is an E-Four 300h F-Sport, 235/55 R18, with winter tyres.

You just answered my other question that i didn't like to ask as it was a bit personal i.e.where are you if you aren't in the UK?

I know nothing about Hungary but it isn't the sort of place where i imagine Lexus having a big presence

One of the things I'm interested in is how it handles in the bad weather (UK bad that is). It's supposed to be a sort of 4x4 and if it copes with snowy/icy UK roads I'll be very interested. I know winter tyres are the proper solution, and in many places they are necessary if not a legal requirement, but for the sort of mileage I do it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

I'm not expecting off road capability but something significantly better than the IS250/300h rear wheel hopelessness would be good!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

You just answered my other question that i didn't like to ask as it was a bit personal i.e.where are you if you aren't in the UK?

I know nothing about Hungary but it isn't the sort of place where i imagine Lexus having a big presence

You are right, Hungary is not a big market for Lexus but....

Last year are sold 108 new Lexus cars in Hungary. With this quantity they are reached a market share of 2,5%.

I would say, Hungary is not a big market for new cars....

In the last years all the big german models like ML,GL,X5,Q7 etc. have not the best image... because of the owners (users). Lexus has nowadays more the "culture" manager :geek: , the germans more or less the "bald and gym rats" image :arrrggg-matey: .

One of the things I'm interested in is how it handles in the bad weather (UK bad that is). It's supposed to be a sort of 4x4 and if it copes with snowy/icy UK roads I'll be very interested. I know winter tyres are the proper solution, and in many places they are necessary if not a legal requirement, but for the sort of mileage I do it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

I'm not expecting off road capability but something significantly better than the IS250/300h rear wheel hopelessness would be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Hi,

I have just experience with the RX, with NX not yet :rolleyes: . RX is very good for winter conditions. We are living on a small hill in the city. No problems with snow. By icy weather, the best "way" to stay at home :).

• Like 1

Hi Michael

Please give us a short review about first impressions.

Hi Michael

WOW you must be 60+ to be getting a quote that low! Im paying £466 and had to get a tracker fitted otherwise it was almost double! Admiral's always given me crap prices over £1k mark

Hi Rayaan

Thankfully not 60 yet - only 57. I know we are going slightly off topic but ......

We do have 5 cars at our house insured with Admiral though so that helps. My partner has a Fiat Panda and Fiat Coupe, my daughter has a Mini and i have the GS (until tomorrow) and a Suzuki Jimny. I bought the Jimny a few years ago as the GS is just so awful in the snow. I use the Jimny in the winter and store the GS and in the summer vice versa. I've already got a buyer for the Jimny so i am keeping my fingers crossed that the NX can hold its own in the white stuff!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links