Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Nuts

RS Tom-Hundred

Just wondering if most or all Lexus/Altezza wheel nuts are the same?

The wheels on my Altezza aren't the original ones as far as I can tell as they have Lexus centre caps and look like this:

WheelCustom.jpg

Apart from me needing to refurb or replace the wheels anyway, the nuts are pretty horrible too so want to get some replacements. The ones on these wheels are the type with flat seating and a washer (rather than tapered cone seats) and I have found some to replace them online.

Just wondered that if I get hold of a set of wheels like the originals or Lexus equivalent (as below), whether the same nuts will fit or whether these take tapered seat nuts etc?

00545_1.jpg

Cheers

As far as I know all OEM Lexus and most Japanese car wheels use the flat seating nuts and aftermarket ones tend to use tapered nuts.

You can usually tell which nuts you need by looking at the stud holes in the wheels, if these are tapered so are the nuts.

I bought some plastic chrome covers for my OEM nuts for a few pounds on eBay several years ago and they are still looking good.

Thanks Steve. So the standard Altezza/IS200 5 spokes are the flat type too? All the Nissan ones I have ever had where tapered seats so just wanted to check.

Plastic caps are another option too but knowing me I would forget and put the tyre wrench on there and break them before thinking! :oops:
Also I always like to have spare nuts in case of any issues and also want some lockers (not that anyone would try to steal these scabby ones at the mo!) so thinking Im best to buy a full set of nice chrome nuts.

I did think about adding a slight accent of red to the wheels when refurbed for splash of colour though so might look for red caps - at least bright red would be obvious and remind me to remove them before I try to undo them too! :P LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links