Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Import Number Plates

RS Tom-Hundred

Just wondered what size import number plates you guys are using on your Altezzas please?

Mine is fitted with UK plates and really don't like the look so I'm going to get import plates.

Under the front plate, I've measured the original recess and seems my best option is for a 13" x 6" plate as that will fit the recess and be the shallowist legal import plate at 6". Will probably get the same size for the rear of the car too.

Any advice on sizes you have used or photos of your Altezzas with import shape plates, would be greatly appreciated :)

• 5 months later...

Just wondered what size import number plates you guys are using on your Altezzas please?

Mine is fitted with UK plates and really don't like the look so I'm going to get import plates.

Under the front plate, I've measured the original recess and seems my best option is for a 13" x 6" plate as that will fit the recess and be the shallowist legal import plate at 6". Will probably get the same size for the rear of the car too.

Any advice on sizes you have used or photos of your Altezzas with import shape plates, would be greatly appreciated :)

what plate sizes did you end up going with ? I'll have to get UK plates made up for my Ireland (via Japan of course) RS200 import, which currently has long UK-style plates front and back. I know the rear still has the mount holes for the Japanese plate, the front I'm not so sure about. I might go with an off-centre square-style front plate for extra 'JDM yo' ;)

I went for the 13" x 6" plate size in the end mate and got a local sign company to make them up with full size letters on (they had done me some a few years back that were good). Should also be fixings in the front bumper too but mine werent perfect so i just used screws straight into the plastic in the end. i made a bracket up for the rear one but that was because I didnt want the screw holes to be on the letters. They look like this on mine (my car looks so different now I've painted headlights black and partially tinted thew rear lights! LOL):

DSC_2683-Copy.jpg

DSC_2681-Copy.jpg