Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag Recall

Teeonethousand

Hi...despite our dealer checking the car last year and saying we were not affected..they are now asking to replace the drivers airbag, via warranty of course. Apparently Lexus have had a rethink...anybody else being asked to have this done?

(Offerred replacement car so hoping i get a few miles in a current IS)

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

i had a recal for the passenger air bag, nice IS 300 hybred curtisy car. BUT

when they removed the steering wheel, the centre shaft fell down the outer.
This means they cannot get it back, Toyota/Lexus head office say this often happens on a car that jhas had a shunt on the front.
I know nothing of any accident, Lexus service by main dealer (the one doing the recall) had not said anything etc.

Up shot of it all was,

do you want to pay for a new steering column (£1300 ish), we will fitt it free
or do you want to arrange to have your car picked up on a transporter in bits.

Asked a bit nicer, but that was the only 2 options.

Yes I coughed up,

Now I have £1300 less in the bank, a dashboard that has rattles from the speakers it never had before (this is to be expected on an old car, but they don't warn you of it.

May be just a coincidence, but know the diver airbag light is on and the Levison amp makes a deafing crackle bang sound, every now and again, keeps it up untill it blows its own internal fuse. This is reset when you turn off the ignition and the radio may, work ok, or another odose of deafening noise. You have to remove the 30 amp fuse under the bonnet to be safe.

My advice is not to have the recal work down unless you DO have an issue.

Not best pleased with Lexus cars ltd, love the cars, I also have an IS300, both do not go near a Lexus dealer anymore.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links