Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Help With Satnav

WilliamH

Hi

I'm new to Lexus ownership and only picked up my '03 IS300 SportCross yesterday. I know I'm going to have a few questions but I guess it's best to post each question separately. Looking forward to chatting with you all over the coming months.

First issue - can't get the SatNav switched on and don't have a manual to go with it. It's the type that flips up on the top of the dash and says "GPS Voice Navigation System" on it. I can't even get it to flip up pressing the open/close button.

Can anyone help me with a link to a user manual so i can at least read what it should do?!

Thanks.

William

Hi Jomo

Yes - the stereo is still fitted: 6cd autochanger, cassette and AM/FM. Sounds great! Just done 400 mile round trip and really pleased with the car.

I've found a manual online http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/submit-owners-manual-search?section=all&keywords=&searchType=&model=IS300&year=2003&x=47&y=15#

But I can't get started as the sat nav doesn't come on. It doesn't flip up/down when you press the switch, nor does the screen come on. May be a fuse? I've studied the diagrams and I can't see a fuse dedicated to the SatNav and everything else is working fine!

Do you know which fuse number it might be? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!

Hi looks like you might have some sort of problem,there is a small tab probably about 3 inches long just where the sat nav rests when closed, if you prise this off with a screw driver you should be able to pull the sat nav up(to the open position) manually,and then take it from there.

Thanks - I'll take a look in the daylight. A couple of days ago I pulled the screen up into its 'on' position (without removing the tab you refer to) but still no good. My next step I think is to pull the fuses out one by one as i don't know which is for the sat nav.

Did 300 mile round trip to Somerset today - fantastic car!

Cheers

Will

You might need to have a look at the sat nav module in the boot then,should be next to the spare tyre, however do bear in mind you need your keys in the ignition in the on position to determine if you have got any power going to the unit.

• 2 months later...

Ashamed to say it took me until today to pluck up the courage to change the fuse! (after guessing it was labelled TV).

It now works beautifully!

But the map data DVD is dated 2002.

How easy it is to change/ upgrade?

Any recommendations where to get the correct up to date DVD?

Thanks, as always, for your answers.

Cheers.

Updated maps are available, just don't go to Lexus for them unless your minted!!!

Have a look on the is200 f/book group and ask for Ricky lexus Parts as he only breaks is200's and is300 plus Altezzas, he may have a few kicking about, also just put on a asking post for one as a few members have turned their satnavs into tablet or tv holders.

Can pm you Rickys number if you need it,furthermore would suggest you visit the Lexus map update website and input you current disc number so you know what disc to get.