Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would U Buy A Lexus Rx 400H With 125000 Miles On The Clock

Hi I'm interested in buying a lexus rx400h fior going to work and back and towing my caravan weighing 1500kg.

My budget either allows me to by a 2007 model with 125,000miles on the clock or a 2005 with 90000.

Am I wise buying either car at these ages and miles.

If so what miles do these cars run for?

I have not see any for sale over 150000 does that mean they are in the scrap yard after that many miles.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike

I would probably go with the 2007 model. There are many people in the US with 150,000+ recorded miles without any major failure. If you were to have a failure of the hybrid system I think you would just be unlucky and could of happened with either of the two vehicles.

Short answer...definitely not.

Only two ways I would be comfortable running a vehicle with such high potential repair bills, under proper Lexus warranty, or bought cheaply enough to scrap it if it goes badly wrong.

I'm assuming neither vehicle would satisfy those conditions?

Mine has 110k miles now - I bought it privately with just under 100k miles on it and I've had no problems (I tow 1600 kg as well).

I bought mine for £9k, which was about £5k less than an equivalent 07 RX with more average mileage from a dealer. I worked on the basis that I'll be very unlucky to need to spend £5k on repairs over the next few years. So far, in 18 months, it has cost me nothing (beyond normal wear and tear).

Mine did have a full SH which made me feel better but I looked at a 155k miles example which was on eBay and finally sold for £6.5k with a full SH - that may have been an even better bargain.

If you're paying about £7-8k, then I would say its worth it. Budget an extra £250 for a private plate and no-one will ever know :-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links