Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want Paint my calipers

Leexus, i reckon you should go for the black calipers with silver stickers.

i've just recently painted my calipers and was thinking of silver stickers. What does everyone else think I should go for.

I have a Granite Sky IS 200, the best colour combination i have seen for calipers is chrome calipers with black stickers. However, i will soon be pinting mine black with white or silver stickers.

Does anybody have experience of removing the caliper assemblies rather than painting them on the car???

It would be good to disassemble the calipers as the little brassy bits on the shims would look good in their natural colour.

I painted my calipers black to go with my blue IS. And have the silver Lexus stickers on. It looks damn nice! People notice them,like when moving through slowly at a shoping center parking lot, they look down at the wheels with awe :yes::smilegrin:

And also at stop lights with nothing to do than to look at the car next to you I can see they notice it and look at them approvingly!

I painted my calipers without removing them. I bought a can of special caliper paint and some small paint brushes and sprayed onto the brush and the applied the paint. Several layers. Dont forget to clean the calipers first and put a layer of clear-coat ontop of the stickers to keep ít locked in.

Of course removing the calipers is the most thorough way but it's not bad at all painting them while on.

Would you bother with caliper paint, as mentioned in another thread? I think that Halfords sell it. Others mentioned something like Hammerite. What would you use as the clear gloss? I'd welcome suggestions as to colour of caliper/sticker on my Kensington green model :D

i have a sherwood green mk1 gs300 & i have been wanting to paint my calipers & by some stickers from dysfunctional but i'm the same, i cannot decide, i thought about gold calpers & green stickers. but i would welcome all suggestions.

thanks,

Zishan.