Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Here - My 300H F-Sport

After what seems like an eternity of waiting, my 300H has finally arrived.

Spec :

F-Sport, in Celestial Black

Pan roof

Premium Nav

Still getting to grips with the car. If there's anything I can help to answer in these early days of ownership - please dont hesitate to ask.

nxnoplate.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Andy! Apart from the general handling of the car, which I know is very subjective, I'm interested in the fuel consumption. You have the same engine as I have in my F Sport IS300h, and after 12 months motoring I'm recording 42 mpg. The NX is heavier and not so aero dynamic so I'm interested to see how much the mpg is affected. I accept it'll take a while for that info to come out.

And, of course, the dreaded infotainment system. Any issues with Bluetooth connection, ipod connectivity, system freezes and all the other gripes that you can find on the 300h section of this forum.

Enjoy!!!!

After what seems like an eternity of waiting, my 300H has finally arrived.

Spec :

F-Sport, in Celestial Black

Pan roof

Premium Nav

Still getting to grips with the car. If there's anything I can help to answer in these early days of ownership - please dont hesitate to ask.

Congrats! Looks very-very nice :) Enjoy!

Looking good Andy! Apart from the general handling of the car, which I know is very subjective, I'm interested in the fuel consumption. You have the same engine as I have in my F Sport IS300h, and after 12 months motoring I'm recording 42 mpg. The NX is heavier and not so aero dynamic so I'm interested to see how much the mpg is affected. I accept it'll take a while for that info to come out.

And, of course, the dreaded infotainment system. Any issues with Bluetooth connection, ipod connectivity, system freezes and all the other gripes that you can find on the 300h section of this forum.

Enjoy!!!!

In my experience (300h F-Sport, 3000km) 50%city, 50% highway (max. 150km/h) with "normal driving style" 7,9l/100km

Only city, 6,9l/100km

Outside city (not highway) 6,2l/100km

May I'm driving too slow, but I think not. Other experience with the same driving style with my RX400h highway+city 11l/100km, city 9,1l/100km, normal road 9,4l/100km.

On highway average speed about 120km/h, max 150km/h, average 9,2 L/100km

Outside city, not highway average speed cca. 72km/h, max 110km/h

BUT!!!!

You have to have experience with hybrid driving style.

The last 300 km was driven by my girlfiend in the city.

She drove more dinamic: just city 8,3l/100km.... thats also not bad, just a bit more...

Had a poke around an NX when I went to get my car serviced. Like it a lot styling wise. Much prefer the looks to the RX. Only thing i didn't like was the cheap plastic trim on the exterior over the wheels. Makes the car look cheap. Also doesn't long to get bleached by the sun.

Love the looks overall. Congrats.

Stu

Had a poke around an NX when I went to get my car serviced. Like it a lot styling wise. Much prefer the looks to the RX. Only thing i didn't like was the cheap plastic trim on the exterior over the wheels. Makes the car look cheap. Also doesn't long to get bleached by the sun.

Stu

TBF the RX is getting changed soon anyway. Rumour has it that there's 2 concepts coming to the Detroit motorshow - I wonder if the 2016 RX and the 2016 GS-F are the one's?

Enjoy!!!!

The fuel consumption is going to be difficult for me to be a judge - my daily commute is about 900 yards lol, so fuel consumption for 90% of my trips is irrelevant. I've got a 300 mile round trip to do on Monday/Tuesday though - mostly all M4, so that will give me a good idea - but I guess the car is too tight yet for a realistic measurement.

I had thought (expected) the EV mode to kick in a bit more often than it is - but that could just be me. Press that loud pedal a bit too hard and it tell you such - and going into petrol mode.

No issues with Bluetooth. I've run Spotify through Bluetooth without any problems - seems to stay connected without a problem. Nice touch is that I can control Spotify on my phone with the controls in the car (volume, forward, back next track etc). I also like the TimeShift function on the radio (sort of Sky+ for the radio without the recording).

Don't have an iPod - so can't comment on that.

Panroof is nice - makes the car nice and airy feeling.

LED lights - on par with the Xenons I had in my previous BMW 330d.

Not sure I've not found it yet - or if the car doesnt come with it - but anyone know where the safety kit is ? triangle, spare bulbs etc ? Its a no-cost accessory from Lexus - but I thought all new cars had to have at least a triangle these days ?

So far - bloody loving it !

Stu

TBF the RX is getting changed soon anyway. Rumour has it that there's 2 concepts coming to the Detroit motorshow - I wonder if the 2016 RX and the 2016 GS-F are the one's?

Oh ok! Good stuff. Really don't like the styling of the current model.

I had thought (expected) the EV mode to kick in a bit more often than it is - but that could just be me. Press that loud pedal a bit too hard and it tell you such - and going into petrol mode.

The current cold weather will force the engine to run more frequently, especially if you have the cabin heating system on. Unless you run in Eco mode you have to adjust your driving style to make more use of the hybrid system, you will learn to back off the accelerator so EV mode comes on and then gently press the pedal again to try and run on just batteries. Eco mode will trigger EV mode more easily however if it is anything like the IS then it will be quite unresponsive, especially pulling away from a standstill.

Echoing what ColinBarber says, having had a play with the various options I've found leaving it in Normal and concentrating on getting up to speed and then easing off to allow the electric motor to cut in works best.

Eco is sluggish and not an enjoyable driving experience (for me anyway) and Sport is great for having a blast. EV is good for seeing how far you can go on electric or in multi storey car parks. Even then, you can achieve the same result by being gentle in the other modes.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

FYI it is actually a different engine than the one found in the IS300h.

Same size, but lifted from the Camery not the IS.

Really? I'm sure I was told it's the same as the IS300h.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

The IS300h is produces 220bhp and uses the Toyota 2AR-FSE engine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AR_engine#2AR-FSE

The NX300h is products 194bhp and uses the Toyota 2AR-FTS engine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AR_engine#8AR-FTS

Thanks, now you mention it I remember thinking it might be underpowered.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

The IS300h is produces 220bhp and uses the Toyota 2AR-FSE engine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AR_engine#2AR-FSE

The NX300h is products 194bhp and uses the Toyota 2AR-FTS engine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AR_engine#8AR-FTS

The NX 300h uses the same engine as the IS 300h, and the GS 300h - the 2AR-FSE. It is just detuned to hit a certain emissions target set by Lexus.

The 8AR-FTS is the new 2 litre turbo engine that will be in the NX 200t next year. The 'T' in the engine code stands for Turbo