Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking Dilema? ?

omeo

Hi guys

I previously had a creaking noise that was bad when breaking turning etc... Bearings and joints were fine. Lexus advised it was due to shock absorbers leaking . But also advised to replace lower control arm bushes as they split and left caliper that was sticking . I added brand new shock absorbers , 2 brand new control arms and a new caliper. Then got it aligned via hunter alignment.

I had no noise but after 400 miles on slight occasions I get a creak when turning at traffic speed.

I'm assuming if these components did not cause the noise initially the noise would of remained.

The noise happens after driving for a while and creaks when turning at slow speeds and even when turning stationary. THe noise is definitely coming from around the rotor disc area. Took it to the mechanic and he could find no issues. He said there's no play at all with any of the joints etc... He said its solid and there's not the slightest play to even give him a idea of whata going on.

Any ideas? Really strange

• 2 weeks later...