Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Features You Didnt Know The Nx Had .......

So after 1 week of ownership I'm starting to explore the car in more and more detail.

Yesterday driving to South Wales I was constantly getting a double "ping". Nothing on the dash, nothing on the center screen. How puzzling.

It took the wife to notice that it was seemingly happening the same time as the speed cameras were present. And it is - didnt know the car had this feature (nice having come from a Merc and BMW where they won't fit Safety Camera alerts - some European Law or something ??)

So what features did you not know the NX had ?

I had to drive for 35 miles with the b.... thing beeping at me everytime i went over 20. Don't ask me how I did it but i managed to set the speed limit alert at 20 when i was fiddling around trying to change the disc that was playing on the USB. I know my other half always tells me to read the instructions, but where's the fun in that? I thought women were supposed to like a man with a sense of danger! :D :D :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of days I go I noticed that the anti-fog lights (at least on F-sport) turn on themselves when making a slow turn (like getting out of the parkng bay etc) and dipped lights on... I read about them - the cornering lights - but I always wondered if you had to have the anti-fog lights on form them to swivel.... not needed, they turn on/off themselves when they think they need to.

Really nice feature.

Dom.

• 8 months later...

So after 1 week of ownership I'm starting to explore the car in more and more detail.

Yesterday driving to South Wales I was constantly getting a double "ping". Nothing on the dash, nothing on the center screen. How puzzling.

It took the wife to notice that it was seemingly happening the same time as the speed cameras were present. And it is - didnt know the car had this feature (nice having come from a Merc and BMW where they won't fit Safety Camera alerts - some European Law or something ??)

Andy, I replied to this thinking it was the speed camera alert, but having picked mine up today it doesn't beep where my IS300h did. Are you still getting the beep beep? It wasn't something else? I'm surprised if Lexus have taken the feature away as it was an omission on the 2nd Gen IS that most owners seemed pleased to have on the 3rd Gen. If it is the speed camera alert the only other thing I can think of is whether the map region is incorrectly set somehow. I know, for example, if you travel to France the beep beeps stop as it's illegal over there.

Andy, I replied to this thinking it was the speed camera alert, but having picked mine up today it doesn't beep where my IS300h did. Are you still getting the beep beep? It wasn't something else? I'm surprised if Lexus have taken the feature away as it was an omission on the 2nd Gen IS that most owners seemed pleased to have on the 3rd Gen. If it is the speed camera alert the only other thing I can think of is whether the map region is incorrectly set somehow. I know, for example, if you travel to France the beep beeps stop as it's illegal over there.

Yup - still got the beep beep - but then my NX has not been in for a service yet - its due in next Wednesday; sadly to fix a few faults (crackling front driver speaker even with volume at 0, and creeking on the drivers door when driving down a road).

I'll keep an eye out (ear out?) for the beeps incase its a software "upgrade" thats changed.

Very strangely I am now getting speed camera alerts, except for the one that I tested it on, which my IS300h did pick up! It would be a map update that changes it, not a software one, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Interesting that you have the dreaded Lexus creak/rattle, let us know if they sort them out!

A couple of days I go I noticed that the anti-fog lights (at least on F-sport) turn on themselves when making a slow turn (like getting out of the parkng bay etc) and dipped lights on... I read about them - the cornering lights - but I always wondered if you had to have the anti-fog lights on form them to swivel.... not needed, they turn on/off themselves when they think they need to.

Really nice feature.

Dom.

I'll second this as a great little feature. Really useful, and just another item to add to the list of 'does your car do this?' when comparing specs and prices. I also think the headlights are a step up on the ones in the IS.The 2nd gen IS was oft criticised for insipid headlights and I was a but disappointed the 3rd gen wasn't as big an improvement as it could have been IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Really nice feature.

Dom.

I'll second this as a great little feature. Really useful, and just another item to add to the list of 'does your car do this?' when comparing specs and prices. I also think the headlights are a step up on the ones in the IS.The 2nd gen IS was oft criticised for insipid headlights and I was a but disappointed the 3rd gen wasn't as big an improvement as it could have been IMO.

That's because the NX F Sport has LEDs while the IS makes do with xenons.

It's always a bit odd when I drive the IS at night. My RX has 2 adaptive LEDs on each side so itd really obvious when it swivels so I somewhat wait for the IS ones to swivel but they don't! They're also a cream shade compared to the bright white LEDs.

Really nice feature.

Dom.

That's because the NX F Sport has LEDs while the IS makes do with xenons.

It's always a bit odd when I drive the IS at night. My RX has 2 adaptive LEDs on each side so itd really obvious when it swivels so I somewhat wait for the IS ones to swivel but they don't! They're also a cream shade compared to the bright white LEDs.

Thanks for adding the detail Rayaans, and I've noticed the brightness in comparison too, so much better.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links