Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greytog

Hi - can anyone help? Is it possible to pair my android phone to my Ct200H Advance (2013) so that I can play music and use hands free for the telephone at the same time

At the minute I can have EITHER hands free OR Bluetooth streaming but not both and it's not a simple matter to switch between the two. Surely once the phone is paired you should be able to use either - the manual says you have that option but when pairing the phone that menu option doesn't come up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Like 1

Hi I am not sure if you can play music via Bluetooth but in my 2013 advance (Tom Tom satnav) I use a usb stick for the music and the hands free Bluetooth for the phone. You can get small usb sticks that fit under the cover. Just depends if you need the usb to charge your phone.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply Paul. I do exactly the same as you and have one of those ultra low profile usb storage sticks for my music. I was just frustrated that the Advance model that I (and you) have won't connect for both via Bluetooth - just seems illogical.

I'm not sure if other variants are the same or if it's just the Advance. There are workarounds - a Bluetooth receiver attached to the Aux input and a usb charger in the power socket but it's all a little long winded.

Thanks again for your input though

I agree you can stream music via Bluetooth no problem. What I can't do is stream music while having the phone paired for hands free use. To stream music I have to unpair it and repair it as a media player which then means I can't then use hands free. Bizarre!

i have had it set up a while ago for phone and audio so you can use either without having to unpair and pair up

i am sure there is a setting for media and phone use this setting and your away.

i have to be honest i really hate the pairing system on the ct as i find it hard to get my phone paired initially once its paired its fine

i find it pairs up better if i delete all registered phones and start the process again.

Thanks for your comments. The owners manual states that you have the option to pair up for audio and telephone but I've tried again and again and I just do not have that setting - and I agree with you that the pairing system is awful

I don't suppose you remember how you did it?

• 2 weeks later...

i have just bought another brand of car for my partner for xmas and it took a couple of minutes to pair her phone

went into settings,pair new device,pin number jobs done why cant lexus be so straight forward.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links