Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Advanced Mpg Figures

Why would they want to take a hit for depreciation 🙂

I guess a person who cannot buy the car on cash will never buy back the car after 3 years. It is scarey how people are comfortable with 690 a month i.e. they agree to have a liability.

What happes after 3 years? Do they look at scratches or dings? Tyres etc? Repaint due to scuff/ minor accident repair by insurance? Do they account for that or is it just hand in the keys and walk away? 

4 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

What happes after 3 years? Do they look at scratches or dings? Tyres etc? Repaint due to scuff/ minor accident repair by insurance? Do they account for that or is it just hand in the keys and walk away? 

Major damage would be covered by insurance, the smaller scuff etc would be covered withing "wear and tear" policy. The only thing to worry about is what fall in grey area and as always read T&C carefully. 

When I got that estimate I thought it is pretty stupid and it would only make sense as "tax vehicle" for the company, cannot imagine sensible private person signing such deal. 

Mileage seems to be a concern - a lot of these leases are starting to say 8000 miles per year or your face an excess mileage charge.  There is no way I would buy a brand new car unless money was absolutely no object (come on lottery win!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wisty said:

Mileage seems to be a concern - a lot of these leases are starting to say 8000 miles per year or your face an excess mileage charge.  There is no way I would buy a brand new car unless money was absolutely no object (come on lottery win!)

Certainly not in UK, in continental Europe the depreciation is much lower ~ 10%/year for first 7 years and then even lower. Whereas in UK rule of thumb is 20% first year, 15% second and 15% third and 10-15%/year thereafter. So say 7 years old car in Germany are still likely to preserve 30% of value (or more if in good shape) and in UK you are looking at ~10-15%, basically completely depreciated to the bottom.

Otherwise, yes I agree - either money is not a object (I sometimes use same example - winning the lottery) or buying on the company, in which case depreciation is not an issue.

35-40mpg in an is250? Are you guys for real? Even on a virtually uninterrupted run from London to Manchester, it was 31mpg at absolute best, this was at about 60mph with cruise control on. just under 60k on the clock, FSH, everything is in tip top condition with no seized calipers, bad tyres, old oil, etc. 

I got 40MPG   on a run from London to Glasgow ( about 420miles ) and used about three quarters of a tank of petrol and the same on the way back , almost all of the run on Cruise at 75MPH on my GPS. 

I have a SE-L running 19 inch f sport wheels 225s front 255s rear all with Goodyear eagles f2 .

on a steady run with cruise at 50-70 have always got about 40mpg , round town more like 25-29mpg 

I'm currently seeing 36 mpg on my 45 mile commute, which includes some stop-starting and some less efficient roads.  Oh and my excitable right foot from time to time 😊

Today refilled full tank (59L brim to brim) got me 397miles/31MPG, mixed London traffic and some motorway ~ 50/50%, last tank was 31.7MPG as well. Best tank figure ever ~48MPG on my car, best ever seen from IS250 owner - 51MPG (but that was like 230miles, not full tank), seen claims that ~55MPG is achievable at around steady 50-60MPH, which is probably true as I have seen like 60MPG momentary figures, but not realistically achievable unless you driving at constant speed and always down the hill. Normally get ~40MPG@80MPH and ~26MPG in the city, long term average ~(18000 miles since Battery replacement) is now 28.7MPG (damn you London!).

The trick - never brake, use inertia as much as possible, predict traffic in front of you and if somebody unfortunate jumps into your way just run them over!

9 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

How does buying on company help?

Car can be listed as asset in your balance sheet and there are certain percentages you car write-off as depreciation per year. As your company assets going to effectively depreciate you can offset the figure from taxes partially. Depending on the circumstances i.e. how much profit you make etc. it might nullify or significantly reduce the impact of depreciation on you (your company technically).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links