Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Bluetooth Phone Auto Answer

Firstly apologies if this has already been asked/answered. I have done a search here (and elsewhere) and didn't find the answer for this.

Here goes...I have a 57reg rx400h with the built in satnav. I also have an iphone4s.

I've paired them fine, put a couple of contacts in the Lexus phonebook, and can make calls - no issues so far, and the other end says the audio is amazingly clear, which is great news.

If I get an incoming call, after a few rings (maybe 2) the call is picked up automatically.

I've been through all the Lexus menus and cannot find an option for this, however my online searches then suggested that the Lexus doesn't have an auto-answer option, and it will be the phone.

However, having looked around the phone settings and not found such an option, I checked on several Iphone forums and everyone seems to be saying that the 4s doesn't have auto-answer (mine is running IOS 7, although the posts saying auto-answer doesn't exist on iphones were within the last 12-18 months so around IOS7's main lifetime - IOS8 is out now but i'm not upgrading to that because my phone is a bit old and I don't want it to run slow which I've heard is an issue for the 4S).

Now clearly either the Lexus or the Iphone IS picking up the call, but which? I'm puzzled as the respective forums both say it is not an option!

Not a huge issue - if i'm driving and specifically don't want calls then i'll just turn off Bluetooth on the phone before setting off, but it would be nice to have the choice to eg answer calls from my partner while driving but decline everyone else...and auto-answer doesn't give me that choice unless i'm quick on the hangup button before it (something!) answers it for me.

Any suggestions as to how to figure this one out?

Thank you both for your helpful replies.

I took some time over lunch and had another look. By pairing my work mobile to the car and then making a call from another phone to that, I concluded that yes the setting must definitely be on the car somewhere (because that auto-answered also).

Finally I came across the setting, almost by chance as it is not in an intuitive place!

For future reference if anyone has similar confusion, these are the menu sequences:

-> Telephone -> Settings -> Screen.

What auto pickup has to do with the screen I don't know. If they called that General or something it would be more accurate a name.

Never mind, that's another niggle ticked off the list :)

• 2 years later...