Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Prices

TheOldGit

Reel in the *** always works

Thanks for your input Verbout.

I am not wondering at all as this method suits me, just interested in others views

Always a pleasure Verbout there is one on every site :yahoo: as there is one in every village.

For the purposes of this discussion *** usually mean richard and head

• Like 1

I think it's what's best for the individual ref service plan, but I would guess they must save money over paying a one time bill.  I have purchased the Lexus Extended Warranty so have to use Lexus for service.  I know the £340 is the starting price. So I guess I will get the usual phone call saying we have noticed this and that. Could do with changing.  I may well consider the service plan when I get there.   

Service plans typically save no money over paying for the individual services (unless the service pricing goes up during the term), but you have the flexibility to pay monthly. If your dealer is willing to negotiate the price of the plan they would typically be willing to also give a discount on individual services.

1 hour ago, Capitalmagpie said:

Reel in the *** always works

Thanks for your input Verbout.

I am not wondering at all as this method suits me, just interested in others views

Always a pleasure Verbout there is one on every site :yahoo: as there is one in every village.

For the purposes of this discussion *** usually mean richard and head

"not sure if this is a good deal or not?" is what I believe you asked.

A few less insults would be appreciated. If you can't take a leg pulling without resorting to being a keyboard warrior you should back away from the computer.

I don't think there's a need to be hurtful and mean-spirited on forums. You come off as being miserable and vacuous.

I doubt you were born that way.

Peace and blessings to you.

£735 is the exact cost of those 3 services (195 + 345 + 195). You can not say it is bad deal, but could be better. Without service plan you could get from 10 to 15% discount, at least few of us in here did.

2 hours ago, Capitalmagpie said:

I have a 3 year plan to include first intermediate, second full and third intermediate services @ £735

I pay £23.70 per month

Did it to not have large bills but not sure if this was a good deal or not ???????

Exactly the same as you would have paid without a service plan (providing there's no inflation). Intermediate is £195 x 2, and full is £345 so it'd be a grand total of........ you guessed it........ £735!

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

"not sure if this is a good deal or not?" is what I believe you asked.

A few less insults would be appreciated. If you can't take a leg pulling without resorting to being a keyboard warrior you should back away from the computer.

I don't think there's a need to be hurtful and mean-spirited on forums. You come off as being miserable and vacuous.

I doubt you were born that way.

Peace and blessings to you.

I think you are someone who likes to make insults and comments and cries when someone calls you back.

If you had bothered to read instead of being  a three star then you would have understood that I wasn't sure if it was a good deal or not but did it to spread the payments so saving a few £s here or there wasn't that important to me but was information for others.

You calling someone a keyboard warrior and state there is no need to be hurtful or mean-spirited is irony personified. 

I haven't got an IS 250 so don't go on other Lexus forums because I have a life.

Not interested in your peace and blessings but enjoy your day.

17 minutes ago, Pidu said:

£735 is the exact cost of those 3 services (195 + 345 + 195). You can not say it is bad deal, but could be better. Without service plan you could get from 10 to 15% discount, at least few of us in here did.

Not true anymore - service prices are becoming fixed now although some dealers have got the message much earlier than others. By the end of this year that transition should have finished. The benefit of the service plan, in my case anyway, is that its monthly interest free, no inflation, I get 10% off parts, Free full valet every year, free puncture repairs for me and any other car in my family and a courtesy car.

Of course, I dont worry about the price too much as it all gets filtered through expenses anyway so would roughly cost the same as going to an independent overall

1 hour ago, Capitalmagpie said:

I think you are someone who likes to make insults and comments and cries when someone calls you back.

If you had bothered to read instead of being  a three star then you would have understood that I wasn't sure if it was a good deal or not but did it to spread the payments so saving a few £s here or there wasn't that important to me but was information for others.

You calling someone a keyboard warrior and state there is no need to be hurtful or mean-spirited is irony personified. 

I haven't got an IS 250 so don't go on other Lexus forums because I have a life.

Not interested in your peace and blessings but enjoy your day.

You're right James, you're spot on, I really should mend my ways, wait, I can't type for the tears streaming down my face, I'm upset beyond belief.

Thanks for the wake up call and my apologies to everyone I've ever offended.

God bless you James for helping me see the light, bless you, you've awoken me to my own salvation.

May Jesus walk with you :thumbup::wink:

Just traded in my 2011 CT200h F Sport for a brand new CT200h sport so off to find some service deals again ;)

Lucky I can transfer my old plan over so that should help a bit.

16 minutes ago, DrewG said:

Just traded in my 2011 CT200h F Sport for a brand new CT200h sport so off to find some service deals again ;)

Lucky I can transfer my old plan over so that should help a bit.

You probably wont get any deals as such - they only seem to give them out when you buy a car now

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

You probably wont get any deals as such - they only seem to give them out when you buy a car now

Yeah I doubt I will, least I can spread the payments, not much point in buying servicing from Stoke, where I've bought the car, when I live in Scotland

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links