Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dead Battery In Key Fob

DAVID1968

Hi,

I have recently lost my main set of keys for my lexus is200 2001 model but I do have a replacement key.

But when I try to open the door manually, because the key Battery is dead, the alarm goes off and I cannot open the drivers door.

Do I have to have a working Battery to solve this problem? or should I be able to open the door manually and disable the alarm?

I am quite desperate as the car is in a shops carpark.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

David

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the key doesn't seem to want to open the door, and when turned anti clockwise it sets off the alarm without opening the door. Turning clockwise doesn't open the door either!

I may be able to source a spare CR1616 Battery to replace the dead one, but being a Sunday may make it more difficult to source.

I would have thought that you could open manually though with a dead keyfob Battery?

• 4 years later...

My Key fob is dead and the main Battery is dead I can't get into my car what can I do or how can I get into my is200 2001 model regards Caroline please help

Edited by Caroline 71
I forget to write full message