Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Important Announcement

Guest The Committee

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we dont get shares, but you contribute to the club by participating in group buys?

And without members what club will survive?

B) B)

I don't think that the club gets revenue from group buys, except perhaps any GBs that are organised by Steve.

I think that the club gets it's revenue from advertisers and Gold Member subscriptions.

I should think that this club is quite expensive to maintain, and derserves assistance from any source providing that our values are not compromised.

very rarely the club atually makes profit from GB's and if it does is because the company has already added a commision for the club.. but this is rare.

All the savings are passed to the member.. thus why we ask gold members to only apply to most GB's

1000's and 1000's of £ have been saved sinced the gold membership scheme started.

The club runs purely from Advertising, subscriptions and merchandise.

Also like to add that members who set up GB's also do it for no profit at all in any way. It takes alot of work to organise a real group buy.. alot of blood and sweat with a few bucket fulls of stress.

For what my tuppence is worth.

I know what it is like to run a car club website and all the stresses and hours that are involved.

I may only be a new member but i certainly appreciate the fact that this site exists, coz without u lot where wud the site, membership administration etc etc etc be. I cud go on but i will bore u all

I feel "The Comitee" are doing a top job here and it only takes one or two ppl to ruin a party 4 every1 else. So they are merely acting as the bouncers as it where so no trubble starts and ruins every elses show

If that makes sense i deserve a medal as much as the England Rugby team do :P

the reason i know so well is i used to run a Cruising web site quite a large one up North, and spent my days removing post, banning users coz they were bitchin about whos fiesta looked better with spoilers or 6x9's on the backshelf hehe

It aint easy doing your role

Oh and 1 more thing if money gets mentioned, 4 those of u that dont know it costs 4 this site to sit on the net and you all to use it, its called Bandwidth and Hosting Fees

dont very want to post, but feel that we should look forward to the future, and enjoy what a wonderful club LOC had been, just hope thing like this had never happen, but that life, so just move on and enjoy being a member of LOC, that all i can say.....

man I wish I hadn't taken some time off to fit a new bathroom now. I seem to miss it all!

It would be nice to know what happened - natural curiousity in all of us.

I would like to say though that I think that the club and the comitee members have so far done a sterling job and seem to be fair.

I am coming up to being here a year, and am sooooo glad I found this place. Mostly everyone is friendly and full of very good advice. We all have things we can contribute to this place, some people know more than others, but without those who don't know much asking questions, we could know even less.

Thanks to everyone, have a great xmas and new year, keep up the good work, (and tell us what happened!!! :P)

Best club on the net.

We will post an announcement soon. We didn't originally want to make it public as it could have been seen as embarrassing for some of the members concerned, but we've seen your comments, and will feedback asap.

I appreciate your concern Claire, however, I would like to clear up my involvement in this situation.

Yes, I was a member of the site, I posted on the site, however, I would like to point out a couple of things.

1. At no point while I was an active member did I see the site as an anti-LOC site, or infact, harmful to LOC. At a certain point in time, I was made aware of the harm that was being caused, and I ceased to be an active member.

2. At no point did I enter into any thread discussing LOC or its members.

3. At no point did I post anything that was detremental to LOC, any member of LOC, the moderating team, commitee member or site sponser.

4. After being advised of the problems that were occuring, I officially un-registered from the site.

If my actions have caused offense to any individual, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it in detail.

and finally, my apologies to anyone who has been caused offence or stress by my involvment.

eh! what site?? Confused I am!

Still Fidgets, you seem to have done the right thing (i.e. what was asked of you!) so well done for coming forward and explaining it.

P.S. Not done tiling or floor yet! Job for another day! ;)

We will post an announcement soon. We didn't originally want to make it public as it could have been seen as embarrassing for some of the members concerned, but we've seen your comments, and will feedback asap.

I appreciate your concern Claire, however, I would like to clear up my involvement in this situation.

Ian see my response to your comments..Here in Gold.

Yes, I was a member of the site, I posted on the site, however, I would like to point out a couple of things.

1. At no point while I was an active member did I see the site as an anti-LOC site, or infact, harmful to LOC. At a certain point in time, I was made aware of the harm that was being caused, and I ceased to be an active member.

2. At no point did I enter into any thread discussing LOC or its members.

3. At no point did I post anything that was detremental to LOC, any member of LOC, the moderating team, commitee member or site sponser.

4. After being advised of the problems that were occuring, I officially un-registered from the site.

If my actions have caused offense to any individual, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it in detail.

and finally, my apologies to anyone who has been caused offence or stress by my involvment.

:angry:

Sorry, this is now becoming annoying!

Can the statement please be issued to clear this matter up once and for all (and then close this post). I'm reading between the lines on this and it sounds like we're not supposed to talk about LOC on other forums - in that case you better ban me now, becasue I frequently mention LOC on other forums I frequent as a matter of course - not in a bad way, but mentioned none the less.

We need clarity on this issue, so that we understand what our obligations are as members then move on. I'm finding this whole thing frustrating as the other forums I visit (350zuk.co.uk and S2KI.co.uk) do not have these types of issues being discussed - just one big happy family! The way LOC was until this post appeared.

Please please please put the statement out without names - I don't care who it was, I just want to know what it was. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links