Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Insurance

Anyone else have many problems with car insurance? The IS200 Sport is my first car for about 4 years as I shared with my husband before. I would have had 1 years no claims discount if some @!!*$ hadn't vandalised my car. I'm 27, been driving for 9 years and haven't so much as a speeding fine yet have had quotes in excess of £2,000 !!!!!

Anyone else had any problems? The best quote I've had so far was Elephant.co.uk...:regan:

Hi Claire, I would recommend trying either: http://www.tesco.com/finance/motor/motor.htm

Or

http://www.belldirect.co.uk

Both provided very good quotations for me when I renewed my insurance in early May. The reason I went with Bell Direct over Tesco was that they were cheaper once I told them that I planned to modify my IS. If yours is a standard car, I would recommend trying Tesco first.

Try www.esure.co.uk. The renewal for my Probe was over £1000, Elephant wanted £670 and eSure did it for £530. When I swapped to the IS200 (worth about £15,000 more!!), they gave me another £100 off!

Oh, if you were named on your husbands insurance, you should be able to get 5 years no claims bonus, or 3 years when you take into account the vandalism.

Thanks loads for the tips, I tried them all. Tesco was steep at £1400, but Bell Direct came through at just under £750 - thanks Andy.

Do you all get whacked for the modifications on your cars? I've seen some of your specs and they all look really good...

Claire - ring Livingstones too. They are picky, if you are just looking for a cheap quote, but are not an enthusiast, they are not the right company....... but for enthusiasts - I recommend them. They give discounts if you are in the club (subscribe to Gol) as they take the view that if you have a passion about your car, it goes hand in hand with supporting the owners club. And if you have a passion for your car - you try not to take chances with it - where you park etc.

Your claim won't help - but worth a phone call at least. If can't help - £750 is certainly a lot better than £2k !!!

Originally posted by andyhart21

Woo Hoo! I win guys:lol::lol::lol:

Do you think I have scored?:D

Silly sod!!!!! Hey, I come without any baggage apart from my husband, baby boy and the dog. Sounds a great deal huh?!:lol: