Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper Blades? Best Ones?

I bought these and they're great !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310350842316?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Don't know how long they'll last, but you could buy several pairs for the price of one Bosch pair !

I bought those too. Wasn't long before the driver's one was streaking on the screen and not clearing it properly.

add some liquid soap and vinegar into warm water, dip a cleaning cloth into it and run it through the tip of the blades a few times. this gets of the grease and dirt which sticks on the blades over a period of time. if you need new ones just get these bosch ones from ECP. 3 years on and its still serving me well

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_IS_3.0_2002/p/car-parts/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/wipers/wiper-blade/?485772050&1&5a34b6f4529995536a3dbed6285a0aba86bae18a&000604

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_IS_3.0_2002/p/car-parts/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/wipers/wiper-blade/?485771080&1&b2f2024fbe32fbb5835164f8731dd718b987f8a9&000604

I have always found Bosch blades best no matter what car I have owned, previously I had a Vectra V6 SRI - and currently I have an IS300 Sportcross which I have owned for the last 3 years and have only had to change the wipers twice - and I am doing a 110mile a day round trip to work and an average of 22,000 per annum, which includes all types of roads, conditions, weather and speeds - so I think the cost of paying a few quid more for the Bosch blades is more than justified for the extra lifespan of them. :hohoho:

PS to last post -

I got my IS with just under 13,000 miles on the clock from someone who never really drove her apart from doing the weekly shop, actually it was his wife's car and she never drove it!!

I have now done nearly 80,000miles in it and it hasn't missed a beat - although I do have her serviced twice a year and I also had the cambelt done at 60,000 although it didn't need it and my mechanic said that I should just wait for the serviced period - the only other thing I have done is had the wheels totally refurbished as they were rusty and this was the only thing that let the car down, apparently it was a problem with most Lexus's back in the day and Lexus themselves back then would absorb the cost. However no such luck for me as well past warranty period, however, I took the opportunity to pimp them up with a metallic fleck paint finish to match the bodywork and it only cost me £63.00 per corner from Pristine alloys near Milton Keynes.

I bought a set of those cheap eBay blades a year ago. They look a lot more modern and they work fine (after 12 months they still clear the screen fine) but they have been quite noisy for the past couple of months. Cleaning as noby76 says does work for a couple of weeks, but doesn't last long...