Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. I seem to be having a prob with my keyless entry, takes ages to work if at all, i can stand there for five minutes touching handle and nothing happens. Have to open with key but sets alarm off till i start car up.my buttons on fob dont work and never have since ive owned the car. When i press buttons the flashing indicactor lights so im thinking not Battery??? Or could i be wrong, i put a new duracell Battery in it about a year ago.

I gave up on it, waste of effort, great idea but not quite delivered to the standard we expect of lexus.

The reason i say the above, as phil says, you can stand there and touch the handle expecting the doors to unlock, sometimes they do and they they decide not to play, i did think it was me at first, so i went down the methodical route, batteries in all fobs changed for new, can't be the fobs then, door handle cleaned better than before it left the factory, can't see it being that, my hands, now then, washed and cleaned to within an inch of a nose bleed, doubt its them, and finally am i touching the handle in the correct manner (insert sick jokes here, you know you want to), is there a knack a particular dent you have to caress, red yfronts maybe. Tried the same spots multiple times, and you guessed it, depending if the car is in a bad mood it would not work other times it did.

So it has not been switched on since and in my ownership it isn't likely to be again either.

i have noticed you guys have the earlier 430s - mines a facelift and has never caused any problems and works a treat everytime

perhaps its just the early 430s with this complaint.

the actual sensor is on the inside of the door handle and mine usually unlocks before i have had a chance to fully grasp the handle

• Like 1

i have noticed you guys have the earlier 430s - mines a facelift and has never caused any problems and works a treat everytime

the actual sensor is on the inside of the door handle and mine usually unlocks before i have had a chance to fully grasp the handle

Mines an earlier one but seems to work fine, very useful sometimes. I have noticed however that I need to get the keys out of my pocket to get in the house which is a bit of a drag. What side is the off switch, just in case it plays up?

Mines an earlier one but seems to work fine, very useful sometimes. I have noticed however that I need to get the keys out of my pocket to get in the house which is a bit of a drag. What side is the off switch, just in case it plays up?

lol - if only lexus took up house building........................ hang on theres a downside - we wont know the difference between the car and sofa in the lounge!

the button is located on the drivers side below the boot pull