Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dab Aerial

I have a Sony DAB Radio (I know,its not fantastic) the DAB reception on it is very erratic. At the moment I have the windscreen mount, would it be better to get an actual aerial? And can I fit it into where the current Radio aerial is??

The windscreen stick on jobs are fankly crap. The best ariels for DAB are surface mounted. However, I didn't want to start drilling holes in my bodywork (and I am too cheap to get one professionally fitted) so I got a window mounted one which sticks on the outside (in the corner of the rear screen) with a receiver that sticks on the inside. It works very well - I get a few drop outs in where I am (sussex) but it's much better than the old windscreen one I had...

Got mine from dabonwheels.co.uk - they're very good. This is the one I have:

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DEGA-4001_glass_mount_DAB_car_aerial.html

but its worth having a look at their whole range...

Guest bigbullhead

Mine is stuck on front windscreen and never has a no problem with the reception in the South east even with French interference also as said before mine is a EZI-DAB by alpine

I had a sony DAB unit fitted on my old BMW Z3, I found the windscreen aerial not very good, swapped it for a body mounted type and worked perfectly.

Most recently a good friend of mine fitted a Kenwood DAB Headunit to his vectra C

And again the windscreen aerial is failing miserably.