Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought it might of been cheaper than the hybrids as with other Lexus models. But, if it does manage 35.8 that's as good as some are getting in the hybrid!

They priced it higher because of the performance I think. I think it said 41mpg on the motorway too down to that new 6 speed.

I thought it might of been cheaper than the hybrids as with other Lexus models. But, if it does manage 35.8 that's as good as some are getting in the hybrid!

Yeah, but don't forget the real world mpg's are well down on the manufacturers controlled environment ones. Mind you, if petrol continues to fall who cares!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 5 months later...

I have the 200t - I have done something around 2k miles in it so far and it is great - much better than hybrid in terms of driving (I've driven the hybrid as well). It was around 60% outside cities and 40% around London.

How much it will drink is just how you drive it in the first place, but also, and this is crucial, in which mode you are in. Modes are much more different from each other than in hybrid. It's just a different car in each of them. I've mostly used the sport one as it is the funniest and it did around 30 MPG. It would probably be even better in Eco or Normal.

From what I hear, the true MPG on a 200t is 27-30, but only time will tell.

Yes, that is true. But with normal type of driving - even in sport mode, but with normal type of driving. Not eco, but also not like a maniac :)

If you want to drive like a maniac, you can and in sport mode, using paddle shifters, you can really play with it. But then it will return only around 16-18 MPG.

I don't like to drive super eco and I haven't tried to drive the car like that yet, but I will try it over the upcoming weekend and will post here the results.

In the USA, the t is much cheaper than the h. Odd that. Although I do know the spec over here may well have done that.

Pricing in the UK appears to be based on performance for the NX models

The price for the NX may be higher as it costs to have variations in the production line. For Europe and UK, Lexus knows it'll sell more hybrids regardless and that's down to tax and fuel economy. Therefore mass producing RHD hybrids may work out cheaper than producing a handful of RHD NX200Ts

Same story with the US. They know the NX200T is going to be the biggest seller so they'll build more of them. The more they build, the cheaper it gets for them up to a point so they can set the price a little lower

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links