Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

He who brakes last.........wins

Was coming home from getting my new Battery at old f**ts speed......

approaching a roundabout something came alongside me at great speed....a GS300 (M reg)........thought to myself aye aye........

floored it in second ... redlined it to third the GS was level pegging.......another roundabout approached.........

he he he he........out braked him by a mile

turned left into my road and continued at old f**rts pace......

1-0

I wouldn't bother trying it on with most cars in a standard IS...... enjoy it for what it is, it isn't a sports car! (Not a dig - I have an IS too, and it is lovely)

As for the GS300 - well, I think we all know it is the quicker car, a large power advantage, yes it weighs more, but the IS is hardly a lightweight!

And anyway - who cares - none of us have the fastest car on the road, but we all drive the car(s) we love...... big smiles, that's what counts!!!

Next time - don't race him - flyer him - and his soarer owning mate. (Do we have flyers yet Steve - A5 advertising blurb???)

nah............sorry gotto disagree a slower car braking late correctly can enter and leave a corner faster than a bigger faster car braking wrong........................

ROLL ON THE TRACK DAY...........this can be proved........and i dont mean racing i mean terminal speeds through corners..

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

nah............sorry gotto disagree a slower car braking late correctly can enter and leave a corner faster than a bigger faster car braking wrong........................

ROLL ON THE TRACK DAY...........this can be proved........and i dont mean racing i mean terminal speeds through corners..

You have misread what I was trying to say..... I am simply saying that the GS was the quicker car, not making any comment over who was the quicker driver. Anyway....... you won't prove anything on track as it is non competitive! ;o)

(I have done a fair few track days, so I am already wise to trackcraft, slow in fast out, smooooooth, etc.)

sorry sammy wasnt refering to your post.........more the GS - IS......GS is faster thang:P.................

trying to make the point that the car is not the champ,it takes a good driver with good skills

not just the car.....

hope i have not caused any offence to any GS owners......what i was trying to say has been largely understood.....in that if you are a c**p driver it doesnt matter what you have cometh the twisty bits the more skillfull driver will make up the difference in missing HP.....in this case what i did was out of character but this bloke typified what gets the anti-car lobby excited.......example>> he lives on the estate where i live and as with all modern estates they would rather build 2 new houses than give children somewhere to play...so they play in the road or close to it.......no problem as we are off the main road.......not for this chappy.....he drives up & down accelerating hard every day speeds of 40/50 mph sometimes on the mobile !!!!!!

an accident waiting to happen.......so when he tried it on i thought .....lets see what you're made of........

I'm back to driving sedately !!

:yes:

Hi Dave - don't worry - certainly not offended me!!! :D

I confess that I have on occasion hit the loud button and been a tad un PC - but as you say - in the right place, right time, right conditiond, right car - as in not an X reg Polo passing everything at high speed on the M62 in driving rain and high winds....... later spotted (about 10 mins after passing me) crashed and stuck in the centre barrier! :o