Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New(Ish) Member With A Gs300

JSeaman

I had a GS300 before and I just sold my LS430 to get another, this time on LPG

It's a bit of a nail! I need 4 new tyres, a rear view mirror, something is broken on the suspension (will investigate soon), the ABS kicks in at low speed and the LPG is playing up.

Not exactly a gem but hey, it was cheap enough

Steve,

Thanks - I was beginning to feel unloved as a newbie :)

4 new tyres went on today, I have made the bonnet shut (the usual cable issue) and found the rear view mirror in the glovebox which is nice.

Unfortunately today it developed a fault which I need to fix - it doesn't idle well on petrol or LPG it turns out and today it was stalling a lot in neutral/D not moving. I've got a set of plugs coming but next guesses would be coil pack/ISCV but if you have any ideas I'm all ears?

James

If you have the same problem on both fuels it has to be something common to both and the ignition side is the obvious way to go.Coil packs normally flag up an OBDII code so I would go for the plugs 1st, not sure if the plugs are suitable for dual fuel but iridiums are the nomal way to go,not cheap but last almost forever.

Another place to check and clean if needed is the throttle body which can cause poor idling/stalling issues.

I owned a 1999 GS300 for s short while and loved it but not as much as my LS400 so it had to go,still owned by a local guy who repaired my accident damaged LS.

Talking local I see you are in Derbyshire,anywhere near Alfreton?